Poll: Official 2024 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya - Race 10/24

Rate the Spanish Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it that Red Bull are doing to these drivers then? Explain.
I'm not going down the tinfoil hat route, I meant it's more of an attitude thing.
I'd love Lando to win the wdc this year, but I think that even if the car is on a par or slightly faster than the RB through the rest of the season , Max will take it.
Anyone seriously talking about Lando winning the WDC needs their head checked (not saying you are). Of course I'm 100% happy to be proven wrong, but as has been said he's still making mistakes and we've no evidence of pure consistency in a fast car. You can't expect to win a WDC if you can't convert pole to a P1 finish. Those are the "easy" wins that have to be taken to even think about challenging for the title.
Must've missed the Fred reference somewhere
Me too :confused:

I'd love Lando to win the wdc this year, but I think that even if the car is on a par or slightly faster than the RB through the rest of the season , Max will take it. Max is used to the pressure, has far more experience of fighting at the front, and RB are a well oiled machine used to winning and often very good at strategy.

I think both McLaren and Norris will make too many mistakes. Their only real hope is if Max suffers some awful luck and has 3 or 4 DNFs and they don't get any.

As Norris said, he could have won today if he didn't have such a poor start and didn't then get stuck behind Russell.

Lando should invest some cash in Bottas Bowling Ball stock ;)

Last edited:
Because Red Bull are doing exactly what other fast teams before have done, prioritising the clearly faster driver.
Anyone going to Red Bull is feeding off Max' scraps
Which seems fair given it's a competition.

I think people just want to see the other driver in the mix to keep the racing interesting. If Perez had been up in 3rd or 4th, it would have added a bit more to the racing and strategy.

Yeah, I’ve said before that I believe that car is a handful and Max is one of the top tier drivers that can drive whatever is beneath him rather than preferring a particular style of car.

Actually Max prefers a car that drives on the nose. He wants it to turn in and then he can deal with the rear moving.

We saw a couple of seasons ago that Perez could match and even beat Max, and then some updates came that changed the balance of the car and Max went forward.

We saw a couple of seasons ago that Perez could match and even beat Max, and then some updates came that changed the balance of the car and Max went forward.
Sooooo, one could argue that the updates were geared towards Max’s driving still rather than Perez’s? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom