• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** Official ATI 5770 Thread **

Permabanned
What does that mean. It will knacker it?

Card is this one

powercolorhd5770insg05.jpg

That one will get knackered yes. It needs to a reference design PCB (V1 or V2) to flash over to a reference ASUS 5770 bios.

Voltage tweaking is completely locked out on those due to the PCB change, it isnt possible to unlock that feature as the card doesnt support it.

Wow!! Is that Powercolor 5770 a single slot card??:eek:
How well does it cool?

The cooler is dual slot, the I/O panel is single. The cooler looks effective for such a card to me, but bear in mind that they no longer allow voltage increases (Same goes for all the new non reference 'V3' 5770s with custom PCBs, including the Sapphire toxic).

Soldato
Thats not my case/pc but its in an cramped antec sonata 2 case. Its now less cramped and has cooler temps in there. I have clocked it to 950/1300 and it hasnt made any big noises yet when running furmark or crysis like my 8800GT used to. I will leave it running heaven demo for a while and furmark with monitoring on but I dont think the fan will ever get to 60%

Looks crap but its a pcb at the end of the day and its sat in a black case anyway so i cant see it!

Associate
Finally got my Sapphire 5770 working. :D

Just copying some backups over the network, and was wondering what are people using to overclock these cards with? I have seen the MSI afterburner which i have never seen before, but allows overvolting?

Also as said if i want to get that 1Ghz core do i need to flash with the Asus BIOS, and is this possible with the sapphire 5770?

Permabanned
Wow, I just placed my 5770 V1 stock coolers back on with MX3 due to wanting them on for the new R3E mobo once it arrives, and the MX3 made a huge difference:

<75 degrees at around 60% fan speed, which is hardly audible in my Antec P182 case. The noise only becomes noticable over 70% fan speed, which would kick in at 80 degrees on my custom fan profile.

100% Fan Speed = 1066 Mhz :p

Last edited:
Permabanned
mine reaches about 90c within 5 minutes with furmark, shroud cooler.

Mine used to do that. Try swapping the stock goo to MX3. I were seeing around 97 degrees at 1000 Mhz initially using the stock coolers. I also have a side fan over both cards, and an intake fan in front of them, those probably help a lot as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom