*** Official FIFA 11 Thread ***

Don
I won't spend real money on UT again, it was nice getting the IF players but it never made me a better player. It's alllllll about the player, not the team ;)

I've had more success than ever with silver strikers up front, really not worth the effort thinking you can buy your way to be better at the game.

Caporegime
I won't spend real money on UT again, it was nice getting the IF players but it never made me a better player. It's alllllll about the player, not the team ;)

I've had more success than ever with silver strikers up front, really not worth the effort thinking you can buy your way to be better at the game.
Agreed - I think Im in profit this year which is nice :). Really enjoyed my fragile Villa team out of all my teams - though I think Im a bit EPL biased really.

We really should do a shortlist of our favourite players, best finds etc. My favs are Agbon/Pato, TOTY Bent and TOTY/NIF Hernanes :p. Also loved the Silva/Lucio partnership. Cheap finds were Anelka, Balotelli, Ade, Kompany, Taiwo, Honda, Hulk and who doesnt like a bit of Fanni..

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:

Nor

Nor

Associate

I found it a lot more fun trying to build my team up with earned credits too. UT is a major money maker for EA, and I'm taking the same stand as you, no more :D

Soldato
I wish GAME would sort out their new website so I can cancel my Skyrim CE and FIFA 12 order. It's much cheaper elsewhere, FIFA 12, that is.

Played some fool earlier today. Scored and then passed the ball around his defenders for ages. Cheap goals too. I managed to pull one back with Aguero (part of my reserve team). And then he had the nerve to say that I was crap at FIFA. Unfortunately there's no filter on the level of maturity/intelligence required to interact with other human beings.

I'm loving 3-4-1-2. Absolutely loving it. And I'll be using it in FIFA 12. Maybe 4-3-3 at the start until I get some pacey CBs. Kaka is working great at CF (although he's a CM at the moment) with Ramires and Hernanes behind him. Villa and Soldado make a great partnership. Rocking it hard atm. :)

Soldato
Nice one, I'd like to say I won't spend cash on fut12, but I will probably drop £42 on 5000 points at launch then a quick £8.50 every now & again, no way near as much as this year!

Soldato
Nice one, I'd like to say I won't spend cash on fut12, but I will probably drop £42 on 5000 points at launch then a quick £8.50 every now & again, no way near as much as this year!

I'll pop some money to get me started. But I'll probably only splash a bit when they release some good/relevant IFs/jumbo packs, or something.

Soldato
Anyone else noticed theres now an IF Darren Fletcher (84).

One of my favorite players in this game.

People trying to sell him off for about 130k right now.

79 pace (+2)
80 shot (+9)
88 pass (+6)
81 dribble (+7)
82 defence
85 header

Pretty much a perfect all round CM.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/app#jyluLzBrbbmPe

Played some fool earlier today. Scored and then passed the ball around his defenders for ages. Cheap goals too. I managed to pull one back with Aguero (part of my reserve team). And then he had the nerve to say that I was crap at FIFA. Unfortunately there's no filter on the level of maturity/intelligence required to interact with other human beings.

I've had people just stat scoring own goals when they are losing too much. Wheres the fight in these people? I've came back from being 4-1 down at half time to winning 4-5. I even came back from being 3-0 down in a ocuk tourny to draw 3-3.

Some people give up too easy in Fifa. Even if I am losing 5-0 I still like to try and get a consolation goal for my efforts.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I just bought IF Benzema. Only played him once but scored a header with him. Seems really strong and pacey.

All IF squad. Spent £80 on ebay on coins since buying the game. Sold my IF BPL squad for 1.6 million and I've been playing around with that ever since.

http://www.ea.com/soccer/fifa-ultimate-team/app#dnxFMplMbbmML

Really wanted IF Alves as RB but what ever.

mascherano at RB?

he is far too slow to play CB never mind RB. in fact he is one of the worst CB's you can have, look at his heading, i would love to play against him, with my constant crosses.

Caporegime
Soldato
mascherano at RB?

he is far too slow to play CB never mind RB. in fact he is one of the worst CB's you can have, look at his heading, i would love to play against him, with my constant crosses.

I only put him there so I would have a full team of IF's. :p I actaully play ramos/avles as rb. I wanted the IF Alves but don't have the coins. Might sell a few players for him.

meh, seems okay, is Essien not far better? or IF Ramires? both far cheaper options too.

I find that Fletcher can do anything as CM. He scored a lot of goals for me when I had BPL squad.. he also never gets tired and runs up and down the pitch all game. Such an underated player in this game.

Soldato
mascherano at RB?

Although, IF Mascherano is a godly CDM, where he SHOULD be playing, damn you Barcelona for playing him at CB when Puyol was out :(

Saying that, I just play my CB IF Masch @ CDM, dark green boot, and he's happy!

Still hate how I'm better with the bronze team than the millionaire's club! :(

Soldato
IF Fletcher would be pretty godly. I had the standard 82 version and for being low, he seemed to be everywhere.

My favourite players have been:
IF Beckham
Agbon
Villa
Ribery
Robben
Pique (also hate the ******* when playing against him)
IF Huth

Soldato
Jakeypoohs, up for a match or 2 tonight? :D

My favourite players over the course of this year have to be:

TOTY Lavezzi
TOTY Aguero
IF Ribery
SIF Robben
TOTY Pique
TOTY Lloris
Oduro
David Silva

Etc.. :)

Don
What has Fletcher done to warrant an IF card?!

My favourite players who have stood out (and I've had a lot) are:

Ashley Young
IF Marlos
Jobson
Robinho
IF Benzema
Martins
Lucio
Hernanes
Kaka
IF Hazard

Off the top of my head. They're players who have always been superb for me.

Caporegime
for me in a 4222

Strikers

Anelka
IF Henry
Dzeko
UP Ibra
Milito
UP Etoo
Benzema

CAM's

Kaka
IF Diego
Menez
IF Lavezzi (Any version even the normal is amazing)
UP Nasri
IF Henry
Anelka

CDM's

Cambiasso
Diarra
IF Ramires
Essien
De Rossi
SIF Inler

CB's

Chiellini
IF Mexes or UP Mexes
UP Silva
IF Gamberini
TOTY Sakho

RB's and LB's

Santon
De Ceglie
Maicon
TOTY Balzaretti
Abidal
Fanni
Evra
Cole
Alves

GK's

Van Der Sar (any version but the IF is godly never had him only played against)
IF Buffon (normal was very good as well)

Best player for the coins has to be Chiellini, have no idea why he was so cheap yet so good, better than most IF CB's, in fact best CB in Serie A apart from his own IF. You could trust him to keep up with, outmuscle, tackle, bully, dominate any Striker.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
For anyone that has been having problems connecting to EA servers like me, and hundreds of others on EA forums have been...just got off the phone to EA cos no way im buying Fifa 12 if can't connect online!

Was told its an Xbox problem. Apparantly a few weeks ago XB released a patch..without telling EA the changes they made..which they normally do. Changes made included how the EA games connect to the server...hence loads of people not being able to connect. EA gave XB all they need to fix the issue..and were told by XB another patch should be out this week..so its a case of waiting.

How true any of that is I don't know but its what I was told...

Back
Top Bottom