Official Glastonbury Thread: 2007

Man of Honour
Chronos-X said:
I'd imagine he works there - which to me is missing the point of going to the festival entirely but there you go. Certainly not worth the price of a ticket to do all that work in the baking sun!
work behind the bar and its totally worth it not a huge amount of work and you get all the benefits yay :D

Soldato
Bes said:
I heard either U2 or Coldplay are going to make an appearance. (as apparently the 'biggest band in the world' will be playing This could turn out to be Take That though :p ) They're talking about it a bit on some of the local stations down here so will have a listen.

Micheal Eavis has confirmed it is definately not U2 and Coldplay have already confirmed that they won't be there this year as they're there every year and don't want it to be stale.

I reckon it will be The Who or PF.

Soldato
hmm just a quick question about tickets.

if i have a friend that hasnt registered, will i still be able to one for them?
or does every person need a registration code?

sry, just a bit confused, and as they go on sale in 2days.. well you know! lol

Suspended
OP
Indie said:
hmm just a quick question about tickets.

if i have a friend that hasnt registered, will i still be able to one for them?
or does every person need a registration code?

sry, just a bit confused, and as they go on sale in 2days.. well you know! lol

No code, no picture, no tickets.

Associate
Had a bad ticket-day dream last night - Eventually got through on the site but then had to perform a series of challenges to get a ticket :eek:. I woke up thinking I hadn't got tickets :rolleyes:.

So, who will be trying on sunday? I suggest, like 2005, everyone gets in this thread so we can help each other out etc. Last time someone provided an alternative link, hopefully we'll have similar luck this year (I've got my eyes on various other boards).

Soldato
i thought each person was allowed to buy 4 tickets but that the 4 people all had to arrive in the same vehicle or something silly ?

so your saying theres no way at all to get one if you aint registered ?

Suspended
OP
andy said:
i thought each person was allowed to buy 4 tickets but that the 4 people all had to arrive in the same vehicle or something silly ?

That's right. They needed to have your photo registered in march so you didn't sell it to anyone else - your mate missed the boat I'm afraid.

Associate
andy said:

There are no rules about who you arrive with. The only transport-related issue is the new coach packages, whereby you only get your ticket once you've boarded the coach. I'll be going for a normal ticket first, but if they all sell out before I get the chance, coach tickets will be an option.

As Chronos-X said, everyone that wants to go must have registered.

Soldato
andy said:

thats what i thought! ahh well... i still wanna go, if i dont find any1 to go with.. who's got a spare sleeping compartment in their tent?!

Soldato
Ready for the early morning frustration that is the Glastonbury servers?

If the last Glasto was anything to go buy we'll need to sit on the website refreshing until it works.

A mate used this (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115) Firefox extension last year so he could lie in bed letting his browser do auto refresh while he watched a DVD and he got his ticket before any of his mates.

Here's the link for your convenience; http://www.seetickets.com/g2007/

Good luck peeps! :D

Associate
I think I might try a new tactic of refreshing this year, using just one window (or maybe one firefox, one IE), and waiting till they have timed out before refreshing. If you just bash f5 repeatedly, theres a danger you might refresh just at the time the server is responding to you.

Then I heard about ctrl+f5, a forced refresh...to do this or not?

Soldato
Why does the Glastonbury site say go to aloud.com for tickets? I thought it was only Seetickets this year?

Surprise surprise Seetickets sites is too busy already :rolleyes:

[Edit: You guys are duscussing auto-refresh add-ins, the See tickets site says 'Please note that refreshing this page will not work!'

Also if you search for Glastonbury on Aloud.con, it just gives the link to the Seetickets site.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom