***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
Has anyone else been given any money by Rockstar? Me and my brother logged in yesterday and a message popped up on screen saying my account had been adjusted, but i didnt get time to read it properly, so not sure why.

My brother added that free car that ended up not being free and he thought it was a refund for that, but i didnt even add the new car as I didnt like the look of it and my garage is full anyway. So not sure why i have suddenly got a pile of cash. I also cant find any info about it on twitter etc, so something seems really odd.

Also it was definitely added rather than removed as i had 700k ish and now have 1.2m ish. Might buy an office or something before its removed if its a glitch in the system lol.

Soldato
You can still get the free car, its on one of the online car stores. It doesnt look all that great imo though so havent bothered with it. I think it will be 300k odd after the free deal is over so grab it now if you want it.

Still confused how me and my brother got these funds, i'd have expected it to be all over twitter if they started handing out free money for no reason :confused:. Have a feeling it was a glitch and i'll get it removed at some point.

I'm quite impressed with how much free stuff there is. I got a free Elegy sports car that seems to be pretty decent. Got a free 200k apartment when I made a new character, i was about to buy one then realised it was asking if i wanted to trade my current one in lol. Got a few other free cars, including the armoured one that is in the single player game.

I currently have $1.2m and not sure what to buy. Are the offices worth buying to become a CEO?

Soldato
Has anyone else been given any money by Rockstar? Me and my brother logged in yesterday and a message popped up on screen saying my account had been adjusted, but i didnt get time to read it properly, so not sure why.

My brother added that free car that ended up not being free and he thought it was a refund for that, but i didnt even add the new car as I didnt like the look of it and my garage is full anyway. So not sure why i have suddenly got a pile of cash. I also cant find any info about it on twitter etc, so something seems really odd.

Also it was definitely added rather than removed as i had 700k ish and now have 1.2m ish. Might buy an office or something before its removed if its a glitch in the system lol.

Hey,

Yeah my game got adjusted other day as well, I was really angry when I read the message thinking they took my money away but they actually gave me around 500k.

If you have spare money then by far the best thing to buy is the doomsday heist you can earn ya money back pretty quick and double it in a couple of days.

The office is ok but you need additional money to buy warehouse before you can do anything with it and money coming back is a little slow.

Soldato
If you have spare money then by far the best thing to buy is the doomsday heist you can earn ya money back pretty quick and double it in a couple of days.
Thanks, i'll have a look into that. I have yet to do any heists, but my brother has finally got it on PC so we're going to start doing them soon.

Soldato
Thanks, i'll have a look into that. I have yet to do any heists, but my brother has finally got it on PC so we're going to start doing them soon.

Yeah the heists are much better money than the other work round town and they are great fun with 2 of you working together.

To start the doomsday heist you need to buy the facility for 1.2 million. Good thing about the doomsday is it can be played with just 2 players all the way through.

To start the Normal heists you need to buy high end apartment for around 250k. These are 4 player.

Oh if your both playing in same house one of you has to set steam start up options to use different ports if not one player will keep getting disconnects. I just got 2nd copy for other pc at Christmas and was very frustrating until I changed ports.

Soldato
Yeah the heists are much better money than the other work round town and they are great fun with 2 of you working together.

To start the doomsday heist you need to buy the facility for 1.2 million. Good thing about the doomsday is it can be played with just 2 players all the way through.

Oh if your both playing in same house one of you has to set steam start up options to use different ports if not one player will keep getting disconnects. I just got 2nd copy for other pc at Christmas and was very frustrating until I changed ports.

Awesome, that sounds ideal, i'll see if he owns the facility as I know hes been playing a lot recently and is a ceo and has a bunker.

I didn't know that about setting different ports. I have the steam version and he has the non steam version, so i'm not sure if that makes a difference. I'll have a look into it anyway, thanks for the heads up!

Soldato
Is it pointless playing this game online with all the hackers? Tried doing some CEO thing with my brother last night and some dude teleported right next to us with unlimited health and killed us both. I really can't be bothered sinking too much time into it if this is all there is. This is the only problem with PC :(.

Soldato
Is it pointless playing this game online with all the hackers? Tried doing some CEO thing with my brother last night and some dude teleported right next to us with unlimited health and killed us both. I really can't be bothered sinking too much time into it if this is all there is. This is the only problem with PC :(.

It's really annoying but there are some ways to help deal with it.

If you're doing a sell mission and you see a modder or someone coming after you that you don't want to risk engaging with, exit the game. Rather than lose all your supplies you'll only lose a small amount.

When you enter a new session and need to do a sell run wait 5 minutes and watch the chat, see if there's a lot of players killing each other or modders reported in the chat.

Those are the two main things I bare in mind when playing, especially selling. Also feel free to add me to social club, if I'm about and you need to sell I can help and some others I'm sure are willing too here.

Soldato
You can still get the free car, its on one of the online car stores. It doesnt look all that great imo

ok ty, I like the retro look so I'll get that. I even like older cars off the street tbh, all my garages are full. I just play GTA like its nfs online half the time. They could make the sounds a bit better but 16 for the PC GTA is worth it for playing very high res I think

GTA6 has been confirmed apparently but I think the estimate is 2019 or 20

Soldato
It's really annoying but there are some ways to help deal with it.
Thanks for the tips, i'll let my brother know as i haven't really dabbled much with the CEO stuff yet and just follow him. I was hoping the hacking would be minimal after such a long break as that was one thing that stopped me playing when i bought it near release, but so far it seems just as bad as it was :(. I don't think any amount of help would counter this guy as he was invincible and just spawned in right next to me whenever i respawned after death. I ended up just quitting out as it was a waste of time.

GTA6 has been confirmed apparently but I think the estimate is 2019 or 20

I didn't know that! If that is an estimate for the console release it might be even longer for the PC release knowing R*. Its been nice having a slight change of scenery with the snow, so having an entire new map to explore will be awesome.

Soldato
Won't let me log in to GTA Online anymore! Says I have to complete the prologue from the single player game first. I've finished the game twice. Guess I won't be getting back into GTA.

Soldato
It hasn't, and there's no plan to announce one any time soon. There's plenty of Rockstar interviews that just keep pushing the GTA Online content as it's making so much money from Shark Cards.

Sure I agree, they do so well with the DLC and expanding into China. So why would they ever bring out GTA 6. I'll post the source if I ever find it again :o It wasnt an interview or released date, that would be big news.
I like the idea at least they have the engine improvements and all sorts on the drawing board and could if they had to go ahead but motivation to do so it seems unlikely near term, also technology needs to advance some.

Got my free car, its a bit of a hearse but its moddable not bad for free

Soldato
Sure I agree, they do so well with the DLC and expanding into China. So why would they ever bring out GTA 6. I'll post the source if I ever find it again :o It wasnt an interview or released date, that would be big news.

It’s inevitable that we will get GTA 6 eventually, no one here would likely say otherwise.

So what you’re actually posting is rumour or that some guy in industry says it’ll come eventually, just like the PS5

YOU HEARD IT FIRST HERE

Just kidding :)

Associate

Literally the same on every PC game online nowadays it's pathetic, I'm sick of cheaters too, Thinking about going back to Console can't be bothered spending a ton of money on Monitors/PC parts when online is a cheater fest anyway.

Soldato
I am still quite enjoying it just playing with my brother, his mate and a random doing the heists. I wish for the CEO stuff you could have an npc rival company so you could just play that content coop to avoid the cheaters. We'll probably give it another go using Lethals tips above and see how it goes.

I took full advantage of the double rp/cash on the Lester missions last weekend and smashed through a load with my brother. We managed to get about 3 million each, which I blew loads on converting an Elegy into the Skyline R33 and fully tuned it. Awesome looking car, always loved them from back when I bought Gran Turismo 1. I hope they add a few more classics to the Benny's motors, like the Toyota Supra would be great.

mBfMAt4.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom