***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
OK ***WARNING****

I am not sure if anybody has installed or is intending to install these mods's.

However there is chatter (and confirmation on GTAFORUMS ) that some mods are installing Malware

Mods so far suspected:

Angry Planes
Noclip

The ASI is installing the Fade.exe Malware

It is being launched via the ASI files

As always... beware of what you are installing on your machines.... However I expect I am telling you all to suck eggs...

Man of Honour
I still have yet to play online, just no time the last few nights!

All chrome seems alright, nice camo in the sunlight surely :p

Or is the PC version similar to the PS3 version where you can see usernames of people above their heads, even when they are behind a wall/hiding in a bush?

I'd like to prey on people without being spotted :o

Caporegime
I still have yet to play online, just no time the last few nights!

All chrome seems alright, nice camo in the sunlight surely :p

Or is the PC version similar to the PS3 version where you can see usernames of people above their heads, even when they are behind a wall/hiding in a bush?

I'd like to prey on people without being spotted :o

Only time I've noticed players names is when you have them in full view, you also have a health bar reading too.

You can view them from a distance with a sniper rifle ;)

Caporegime
What about a crew logo competition? I like the current one, but it would be interesting to see peoples ideas.

Could maybe do a screenshot from the editor, as well as a screenshot showing it in game on a car/clothing/tattoo? I think the latter would require the user to create a crew and switch to it for the purpose of the screenshot?

Just an idea, thoughts?

Can we use a transparent image?

Man of Honour
I can't help but think having no health or names showing would be so much better? You wouldn't know a citizen from a player, that would be the fun thing! Steal a taxi, passenger in the back IS NOT a passenger! He shoots you dead and drives off into the sunset?

I wouldn't even be mad :D

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Between jobs (races, heists, whatever) my game often freezes for 30secs, before the inevitable "GTA V has stopped responding".

In game is actually fine, its just the laoding sections that appear to trigger it.

Does anyone else get this, and is there a known solution?

Soldato
really need some help with this.... I have no issues in any other games but in GTA5 every now and then when I press enter after completing a mission or press the escape key the game just crashes to desktop and the rockstar login detail page comes up and wants me to login again. Its getting annoying now as its happening far too much.

Im running a 290 in crossfire and a i5 3750K @4.6

Associate
really need some help with this.... I have no issues in any other games but in GTA5 every now and then when I press enter after completing a mission or press the escape key the game just crashes to desktop and the rockstar login detail page comes up and wants me to login again. Its getting annoying now as its happening far too much.

Im running a 290 in crossfire and a i5 3750K @4.6

Only way around I found was change either password or email or both.

ADT

ADT

Associate
Indeed we both have ancient rigs, it's satisfying that they still cut the mustard though!

I'm next going to try over clocking my Asus GTX 580, it's a DirectCuII model with plenty of room for tweaking (never yet felt the need tbh) weird, the CPU over clock helped BF4 greatly yet screws up GTA V.

Interesting you only have 6GB RAM!

I'm going to play about with VSync again later, if assumed half would be its "at best" although running MSI Afterburner, I'm yet to see lower than 28fps displayed so it ,I guess, could well peak quite a bit higher....

I'll continue to tweak.

I was very surprised to find it's worse in Direct X 10 than 11!

The optimisation compared to GTA IV is first rate though, R* have surpassed themselves with getting this in a playable but pretty state to us peasants!

Well this bad bay started its life as a Packard Bell machine in 2008/9, but I stripped it apart after a while and changed components such as gfx card etc. The only thing left from it is the CPU, mobo and ram sticks.

And yes surprisingly I can still play most games nicely. Beginning to struggle though, so I may upgrade by the end of the year hopefully :D I wish I could overclock my CPU, but the BIOS supplied is so limited that they don't even allow you to switch between IDE and AHCI.

And yes very well optimised! I remmeber when I got this pc back in december 2008, the first game I bought was GTA4. That ran like a dog back then.

I haven't been able to tweak things properly on my end though due to having exams at the moment. Let us know if you come up with better settings :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom