***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
You just call up your insurance and they will deliver a new one to your garage or the depot place. Think you may need to pay for the insurance on cheaper cars though, purchase it in Los Santos Customs.

Associate
Clayer121, you sir are a helmet :)

i think you will find you drew 1st blood

im happy to call a truce if you are.

had some help from oemstu doing heists thanks hard to get 4 good players to join.
completed series a last night then 1 of the group killed me and stole half my take nice game player.

Soldato
i think you will find you drew 1st blood

im happy to call a truce if you are.

had some help from oemstu doing heists thanks hard to get 4 good players to join.
completed series a last night then 1 of the group killed me and stole half my take nice game player.

Lol I normally come find you to give you a beep and say hi and you start shooting me! :(

Soldato
Troubles in the crew? lol!

I always enable Passive mode now as soon as I enter a session to prevent randoms killing me.

Only managed to do two missions last night, and missed a crew request in the process - sorry to whoever that was. Really enjoying missions!

Will be online again from Monday so will invite the crew to some missions

Soldato
There's a lot to like about this game but the matchmaking system is absolute gash.

* You can't do anything whilst you're sat in a lobby for X minutes.
* If you try to join a mission and it's full you've just wasted two minutes because despite not going anywhere or doing anything the game has to reload the session.
* If you're on a heist or setup and someone leaves it's game over, why not let us decide whether we can complete the job without that person.

Loading in general takes waaay too long.

Soldato
There's a lot to like about this game but the matchmaking system is absolute gash.

* You can't do anything whilst you're sat in a lobby for X minutes.
* If you try to join a mission and it's full you've just wasted two minutes because despite not going anywhere or doing anything the game has to reload the session.
* If you're on a heist or setup and someone leaves it's game over, why not let us decide whether we can complete the job without that person.

Loading in general takes waaay too long.
Yep the same issues (loading primarily) that plagued the consoles still persists. Can't see GTAO lasting too long at the rate things are going. Publics are just out of control on the hacking/cheating end and most folks will rapidly lose interest due to the way the matchmaking system works.

Hell most of my crew have stopped playing due to wasted time staring at screens. I am working towards my monthly daily objectives achievement (21/28) and then I can't see any reason to really play until more content is added.

Soldato
So I earnt 2 million last night - accidently ofc.
I was on my way to the gun shop when I came across someone outside, thinking it was a set up I got out of the car preparing for a fight. Thats where I saw loads of bags on the floor and didnt know what they were.

Turns out it was a load of cash obviously from some hacker or something.
Anyway rude not to and all that.....

Saves the grind I guess.

Associate
Couple more tips on playing GTA online with more enjoyment and a little less frustration including reducing those nasty load times etc.

Best to create a private closed sessions or even better, a private closed crew session (best option as you can invite other OCUKers in the same instance). This will help with a few things, less load time (much less IMO) when reverting back to free mode after a race/mission/heist etc as it does not need to search for a free public server it should dump you back into the closed crew session (sometimes it does dumps you back in public but you can simply use the rockstar overlay and if you have someone on your friend list who is still there, simply join their game). It will also be much better if the OCUKers play in a closed crew session as it would avoid dealing with hackers, public a-hole players and other hit and run frustrations. Another BIG advantage would be when initiating missions/races/heists as you could simply type or voice announce you're about to run something and you would like other to join (as it stands, getting cross server text reports for missions calls on anyone who is friend or OCUK can be a pain as 1) it doesn't show what crew that person is in 2) the text thing is a bit buggy when multiple invites come in 3) often enough the invite is delayed by the time you get in, the person(s) are already on the job or cancelled it). AFAIK the only way to create a closed crew sessions is when starting up the game, go into solo mode first, then press escape, on the menu options goto online and choose gta online, there you should have a sub menu giving you the choice of starting a closed crew session. It would be easier if we all make sure (OCUKers at least) to get all the people that play regular(ish) on your friend list, that way when you get online and there is already someone with a closed crew session, simply join them. I personally always run closed crew sessions and whenever I see other friends coming online I send them a game invite via rockstar overlay and they can join if they wish to do so.

If we simply adopt the above regular setup then GTA online should be much more fun to play and most races/missions/heist will be more attended and much more successful in outcome. Again my R* sig Soya4me, feel free to add me should you need any help with missions/heists or if you want to join closed crew sessions and I can also show you the money!!! (by completing heists and jobs that is, no hacks allowed here :p)

Man of Honour
in SP im disappointed they dont tell you how many people you've killed, for example planting a load of sticky bombs in a populated area.. i want to know how many of them i kill

Soldato
I must be the only one who hasn't come across these cheats yet, or the crashes or problems that most seem to be having, but then, i've not played that much either, i might have an hour tonight but tbh i'm getting a bit bored, earning money seems to be too much of a slog on, i played for a few hours the other day and managed to make about 100k doing missions, but that doesn't buy much!.

Permabanned
So I earnt 2 million last night - accidently ofc.
I was on my way to the gun shop when I came across someone outside, thinking it was a set up I got out of the car preparing for a fight. Thats where I saw loads of bags on the floor and didnt know what they were.

Turns out it was a load of cash obviously from some hacker or something.
Anyway rude not to and all that.....

Saves the grind I guess.

Makes people just as bad as the lame people who cheat it in, you know its not legit you know it has given you an advantage but hey. Not just aimed at you but makes people just as bad as the cheaters themselves.

Back
Top Bottom