***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
I still get the ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT crash with this game :( and since the patch the game crashes at the end of the online missions where the kill score is totted up.

GTX 980 running the latest drivers, all GTA files verified, oh.. and Windows 10.

I can play Rocket League for hours on end without problems.

I'm getting this at random with an overclocked GTX 970. Before it would happen after an hour or so if it did happen, yesterday it happened after 20 minutes. Do you use MSI AB? I noticed it didnt happen quite as often when I stopped using that.

Rab

Rab

Associate
have well noticed cars spawned well away from players all the time now. over the weekend there was getting kicked to story mode a lot, this after was taking ages to get online :(
big difference on weekdays , seems to be ok.
i luv racing anything on gta, but these world records are a total joke, 12 secs world record
15 secs on 9 mile plane trips ect, rockstar should wipe these.

Gamble, gave game a break last night after wrote post, again m8, big thanks for the offer :) :)

Soldato
I'm getting this at random with an overclocked GTX 970. Before it would happen after an hour or so if it did happen, yesterday it happened after 20 minutes. Do you use MSI AB? I noticed it didnt happen quite as often when I stopped using that.

I've also stopped using AB, but it still occurs!

Soldato

is your CPU overclocked ? i had it would happen like 1-2 hrs of playing, but it was down to my graphics overclock

Soldato
Getting fed up of the cars still disappearing on heists. Funny though seeing other players reactions when all of our cars are missing, everyone then scrambbles to hijack cars :D

:D awesome!

Does anybody know why I received 50K and a T shirt when I logged online today.....

Not complaining of course! :D

Soldato
Reward for doing 5 or more of the new freemode events last weekend.

OOoooo MMmmmm Not sure how that happened then! LOL

I did win a longest free fall event.... That was really not hard to do LOL

Get helicopter

Take helicopter to ceiling

Jump out of helicopter

Open chute near the ground

Win.....
LOL

Soldato
Ok, the ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT I think is a catch all error for pretty much everything. LOL

After the patch, I started getting it again when exiting out of online missions with other people. I also got it when in solo, same place.

I had done what R* suggested (change my default sound device to 44100 and that fixed most of the problems.

However there were random crashes still when exiting missions. this time with the ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT error. Not all the time, just random.

So I updated my Gigabyte sound drivers. Re stared and crashed after the first mission... Checked my default sound settings and they had reverted to 48000, set them back to 44100 and all was good.

The new drivers were updated a month ago. Since I installed them, set the sound to 44100, I have not had a crash in over 10 hours of missions....

So my question is.

Those with issues. what Motherboards do you have and what sound devices are you using? onboard or card?

Interested to find out as there are a couple of us with Gigabyte MB with problems.

Cheers

Bag_Puss

Associate
Fancied finishing off the SP of this but the game plays for 10 mins before crashing.

I should have never bothered with the PC version and just got it on console, when it works it looks great but so annoying with the many different issues :(

Soldato
The hackers are really starting to ruin these new challenge modes. Four out of five of the last challenges ive done ive crashed right before i was about to win. Im not crashing for hours then right when im about to win a challenge it get the loading graphics error.

I think i probably notice it more than most as im in a hydra all the time so i have a huge advantage and find myself in the lead a lot.

I prefered the hackers that just go in god mode and kill everyone, then at least your not wasting loads of time on a challenge first and you can just switch server right away.

Soldato
Since this 1.29 patch or it could be the servers to blame, I am getting kicked out of sessions far more than before, whether it's kicked from the middle of a heist which makes me look bad, or everyone (25+ people) leaving the server at the same time.

I am getting this a lot too. I partly blame my internet as perhaps it is not good enough to cope...seems stable with 10 or so players in a session though.

Back
Top Bottom