*** Official Highly Anticipated Mods (HAM) thread ***

Soldato
Thanks. I'm after single player mods. I have all 3 M&B games. Bought the 1st one back in early 2006 when it was still in beta. :)

I played M&B with the Native Expansion 2 mod, and it was really great. Far improved from the original imo.

I also downloaded but never got around to playing Prophecy of Pendor and Lords & Realms. Both looked really good and I heard lots of positive things about them, but I can't say anything from my own experience regarding them.

Native Expansion 2 is very good, though. Doesn't change the game setting to the extent the others do, but irons out a lot of annoyances and had lots of customisation options.

Associate
Mount & Blade is addictive, but needs a little more polish to it. I think it needs more of a storyline to each of the classes you choose. So if I create a character that came from a poor background and lost my parents(etc), a series of quests would open up for me to hunt down the killer (one of the faction lords?). Or possibly the option to start with my own village and develop my character to create a new nation....
Doh! gonna have to reinstall the game on my laptop again... :)

Soldato
Been meaning to download the prophesy of pendor mod for Warband, might get onto doing it now. Is there a list anywhere of what it adds to the game?

Soldato
OP
Mount & Blade: Warband

The single player Warband mods I play the most at the moment:

Imperium Romanum (based on another mod, Brytenwalda).

Prophecy of Pendor

Brytenwalda

Floris Mod Pack

Multiplayer mods:

The Deluge

Vikingr

Mount&Musket: Battalion

Mods to look out for:

Warhammer - Grim Age

Race Wars - Bloodshed

Conspiracy of Kings: Lions of Calradia

Note:

Bear in mind that most mods will be updated first in their subsequent subforums at Taleworld's forums since that's where they originate from.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,165.0.html

Most videos posted here aren't representative of the final products, they might or might not show the most important features of the mod but many are too outdated to show the real changes in game.

Other resources:

http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/
http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade-warband

I'll update this post later.

Last edited:
Soldato
I find that there are a few old games which I have to use mods for now, otherwise they just feel too dated. Baldur's Gate with Big World Project, Deus Ex with New Vision/Biomod for example.

There is a very promising mod that I posted in the Fallout New Vegas thread a while ago called Project Brazil. It is still in the very early stages atm, but it looks like quite a good prospect.

It is a new worldspace and campaign.

Soldato
OP
Pighardia, maybe you could post some of the more intestering Fallout 3 or New Vegas mods?

I still haven't gotten around to mod the game, would be interesting to see what's out there without the overload of usual 100 texture packs to make the game prettier. :)

Back
Top Bottom