** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

Associate
No my question was should I get this or Ghost of Tsushima. I opted for GOT as it's shorter and I might finish it in the 3 weeks before Elden Ring DLC. (Doubtful)
If I was purchasing a one off game between GoT and FW then I'd go with GoT for sure.

I reckon you can finish the main story in 3 weeks - you can ignore finding the foxes and writing every haiku.

Soldato
I enjoyed it more than Returnal :p

Shoulyhave been much better though.

Returnal wasn't that bad (core gameplay).

The issue was the lack of meaningful progress between runs that gets frustrating.

If they made it so you got a little stronger each time etc... then it would have been enjoyable.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I have not finished this yet, I need to get back on it!

How can you be playing a game like Hellblade 2 instead of this I will never understand. Nice graphics for 5 minutes and then boring game :p

Returnal wasn't that bad (core gameplay).

The issue was the lack of meaningful progress between runs that gets frustrating.

If they made it so you got a little stronger each time etc... then it would have been enjoyable.

You are right. Still though Starfield ain't half as bad as you are saying. Just not your cup of tea I guess.

Did you not read or watch any reviews before buying?

Soldato
How can you be playing a game like Hellblade 2 instead of this I will never understand. Nice graphics for 5 minutes and then boring game :p

You are right. Still though Starfield ain't half as bad as you are saying. Just not your cup of tea I guess.

Did you not read or watch any reviews before buying?

I did look at reviews before I bought and it scored fairly well.

The quests are all pretty much the same. Nothing really differentiates one from the other.

Come on the game is rubbish. The story line is crap... what was that ending??

Stepping in to the unity? What a load of open ended rubbish.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hellblade 2 is a 6 hour cinematic experience. Nobody with any common sense went into that game thinking they were going to be playing God of War but with UE5's graphics lol. I knew what to expect, an immersive 6 hour movie where I can take part in solo combat segments throughout which were fun and felt "real". The sound direction also wipes the floor with any other game, period, IMO. That combo of sound and visuals made for a great experience on OLED with big speakers/headphones. Well worth the £0 I ended up paying for it lol.

HZFW has a lot of trapsing back and forth doing repetitive things, less than HZZD, but still enough that it becomes a drag and some timeout is needed before jumping back in, even after 50.7 hours according to Steam.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Hellblade 2 is a 6 hour cinematic experience. Nobody with any common sense went into that game thinking they were going to be playing God of War but with UE5's graphics lol. I knew what to expect, an immersive 6 hour movie where I can take part in solo combat segments throughout which were fun and felt "real". The sound direction also wipes the floor with any other game, period, IMO. That combo of sound and visuals made for a great experience on OLED with big speakers/headphones. Well worth the £0 I ended up paying for it lol.

HZFW has a lot of trapsing back and forth doing repetitive things, less than HZZD, but still enough that it becomes a drag and some timeout is needed before jumping back in, even after 50.7 hours according to Steam.

So hellblade 2 is a one or two sitting then. What else you been playing?

I don't mind repetition if what I am doing is fun :)

I did look at reviews before I bought and it scored fairly well.

The quests are all pretty much the same. Nothing really differentiates one from the other.

Come on the game is rubbish. The story line is crap... what was that ending??

Stepping in to the unity? What a load of open ended rubbish.

Yeah, story was very poor. The fun for me was the major side quests and some random events. The mainline quests were rubbish.

As for reviews, you should have been able to tell if the game was going to be that bad for you. Like I was disappointed because the game was not what I expected. Still had 80 hours of fun though. More fun than Returnal :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
62 hours in and currently on old LA ruins? Kinda cool area.

Got the boat to get there and noticed a continuity error, as the cutscene plays with Aloy parking up the boat, the sunset is over the water, yet soon as the boat is parked and the cutscene ends, the sunset is west of the water, GAME RUINED :mad:

0OIe2j7.jpeg

eQ5C56O.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
62 hours in and currently on old LA ruins? Kinda cool area.

Got the boat to get there and noticed a continuity error, as the cutscene plays with Aloy parking up the boat, the sunset is over the water, yet soon as the boat is parked and the cutscene ends, the sunset is west of the water, GAME RUINED :mad:

0OIe2j7.jpeg

eQ5C56O.jpeg

Uninstall immediately and return to Cyberpunk 2077 :p

Associate
@KeizzerSoze - Personally I thought it was slighlty better than the original (which I loved). There is no doubt HZD had the better story as it was revealing the backstory and lore as you went, with HFW the backstory is all known going in. In terms of gameplay, visuals and sidequests HFW is vastly improved IMO. Be aware though that the game is massive, so some people do suffer open world burnout.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Patch 1.5 is out now for Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition on PC. This update adds AMD FSR 3.1 including frame generation, contains various performance optimizations and introduces new options in the settings menu.

We have been working closely with AMD to incorporate FSR 3.1 in Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition. This performance-enhancing technology can be used with recent graphics cards from AMD, Intel and NVIDIA.

AMD FSR 3.1 includes frame generation and offers improved FSR upscaling quality. It also allows you to use AMD FSR frame generation in combination with any upscaling technology available in the game for your graphics card.

AMD FSR 3.1 also includes a Native AA option that applies high quality anti-aliasing without upscaling, for improved image quality. To enable this option, set Upscaling Method to Off and select AMD FSR 3 Native AA from the anti-aliasing options. This setting can be used in combination with or without frame generation.

We have also made changes under the hood to improve performance and added new options to the Settings menu. The Graphics menu now has a Cinematic Face Detail option with Performance and Quality options. Under Mouse & Keyboard, you can now enable Stylized Mouse Cursor, which may improve the visibility of the cursor on high resolution displays.

This update also improves audio for users of Logitech G HUB Surround Sound software and includes an option in the audio menu to change the output mode, with the choice of Default, Mono, Stereo or Spatial Audio.

We've also resolved various bugs and made user interface improvements based on player feedback. Check out the patch notes below for all the details.

On behalf of the teams at Nixxes and Guerrilla, thanks to everyone for playing Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition on PC and for providing input helping us to improve the game!

Release Notes
  • Added AMD FSR 3.1 with frame generation and Native AA options.
  • Added a Cinematic Face Detail option in the Graphics menu.
  • Added a Stylized Mouse Cursor option in the Mouse & Keyboard menu.
  • Added an Output Mode option in the Audio menu.
  • Various optimizations and performance improvements.
  • Improved audio for Logitech G HUB Surround Sound users.
  • Ammo Crafting is now remappable on Mouse & Keyboard.
  • When using a Nintendo Switch Pro controller, buttons are now working and show as intended.
  • Buttons are now working as intended when using Nintendo Button layout on Steam Deck.
  • The Toggle Vista Prompt now works correctly when using Mouse & Keyboard controls.
  • Various user interface fixes.

Back
Top Bottom