Official Mayhems Support post.

Associate
To make life a little easier and instead of hunting around all the post here is a nice single support section post were I will answer any question NOT related to development.

Some questions and quick answers

WARNING : Aurora : Before using Aurora you must shake the bottle for about 30 seconds. if you do not it will not work properly.

***Do I need to Use Biocide with a Coolant / Pre-Mix (Aurora, Pastel, X1)?***

Do not add any biocide or inhibitor to these mixes. they all ready contain every thing you need in them.

***Do I need to add a Biocide or Inhibitor to Mayhems Ultra Pure H20?***

Straight out of a bottle it will be fine for a few weeks how ever we recommend you add a Biocide or inhibitors for Aluminium if running for any thing longer than a few months. This helps keep bacteria growth down.

***Is Mayhems Ultra Pure H20 Better than DI water?***

Yes it is. We have very strict controls when making Ultra Pure H20 and is guaranteed to be better than any DI water you can by anywhere in the UK / EU.

***Before Buying Aurora what should I know?***

Aurora is a very complex liquid and is not meant for ever day use. It is Been developed for Show PCs and Photographic purposes only. Please refer to our wiki for more information or contact us direct if you have any question regrading aurora. http://mayhems-aurora.wikispaces.com

***What is the life span of Aurora, Pastel, X1, Ultra Pure?***

X1 Should be changed out every 6 to 9 months (will last up to 12 months)
Aurora can last up to 6 months depending on if you remove restrictive plates out of CPU blocks.
Pastel will last upwards of 2 years +
Ultra Pure water we recommend you change out at 12 months how ever we have seen it run past 18 months.

***Can your dyes be mixed?***

All our dyes can be mixed with each other unless stated. The whole dye range has been developed this way. Our dyes can be mixed with any of our product lines unless stated. E.g Pastel, Aurora, X1, Ultra Pure.

***How much dye can I use in my system?***

The thing to remember is the more dye you use the more chance it will stain your system. So the deeper colour you require the more dye you will use. there is no Perfect balance as such. How ever the longer the dye is in your system the more it will stain. Staining is a unavailable aspect of using dyes in a water cooling system.

***I have heard Via (mothers, brothers, boyfriends, uncle, sister, the man on the moon) that dyes block water cooling systems. Is this true?***

No its is not true at all and it is a misconception that dye alone blocks water cooling blocks. In testing and research we have found that it is many factors involved in causing blockages with in a water cooling loop. The two main contributing factors are

1) Plasticisers -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasticizer
2) Inhibitors -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhibitor

These both can fall apart in a water cooling injection / restrictive system and then in turn the biomass created from there by-products that is then dyed to the colour of the water. This gives the false illusion that it is the dye the has caused the problem when it is far from the truth.

***When will (product name) be released?***

Our testing tie frame is different for each product if you check out our development logs you will find this info out how ever we will not give firm release dates until we are 100% happy. Not every thing you see in our development logs will make it to retail stage.

***Who am I?***

I am Michael L Wood, Co Owner and original founder of Mayhems product Lines. I am in charge of Manufacturing, R&D, On line support, Product testing. My partner is Steve Verity previous Owner and developer of Thermochill. Steve deals with all the stuff I hate to deal with but has nothing to do with R&D.

*** Can i contact you direct?***

You you can. My email address is michael (at) mayhems dot co dot uk.

I will add more questions as i get time but feel fee to post any other questions and i will answer then asap.

Mick

Last edited:
Associate
just a small suggestion i would make sure all shops that stock aurora have this part listed on the description

(Aurora is "NOT" made for use in a home system. It has been developed for show System's (modding) and Photo work. If looking for a fluid for a Home system / Gaming system please use Mayhems X1 or Mayhems Pastel range of fluids)

and from the offical thread advertising this on the forums

Mayhem's 'Aurora'' range of liquids are perfect for a myriad of differing computer enthusiasts. The liquid reflects light back in a plethora of swirls and differs greatly from anything currently available. A coolant that is not only striking to view inside a computer system, but it is a fluid that will entice the consumer with it's never ending patterns of light that cascade throughout.

differing computer enthusiasts i would say includes the homer user/gaming user

yes i have just bought some and was hoping it would last longer but i tinker so much it proberly wont be a problem

Last edited:
Associate
Just a quick question I intend on doing a full flush the end of the month and I was considering using Aurora until I saw that its not home systems really ( gutted about that to be honest lol ) I will be using a d-tek fuzion ( no inserts ) d5 vario pump EK GTX280 water block and a thermochill pa120.3. Are there any problems with my set-up or any compatibility issues I may have to look out for? I'd have loved for aurora to be used 24/7 though! :)

Associate
OP
We have only tested with 1 water block on each loop. i have never tested a D-Tek branded block due to there refusal to send us a test sample for testing and i can only recommend what we have tested. This is not to say it may not work but more to the point that we can only say what works if we have tested it or get more than 2 people whom have had it working in there systems.

I personally use 18w DDCs and find these to work the best with no problems in a tube res and a single GPU or CPU block and rad. We have noticed people with D5's and lots of 90c barbs have had some problems and this could be due the the way the liquid flows.

The less complex the loop the better Aurora works and the longer it lasts.

we are still working on aurora and have been for a while to get it as a 24/7 use liquid for the normal user. how ever dont expect any quick sudden developments after all it took 2 years just to get aurora to work in the first place.

@orby we have no control over how our products are described from re-sellers and we do not control how they sell our stuff. How ever we do tell every one we will deal with all product support from Mayhems direct as we feel we can resolve any issues direct with the consumer taking this burden off the re-seller.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't have any silly 90 degree connections or anything like that, I prefer a nice simple loop with straight fittings 1/2" barb 7/16" hoses sealed with zip ties. But if you'd like me to test it out for you I'd be more than happy to post my results via either the forums or email. I'm pretty confident it would work though, as the fuzion is a high flow block as is the gtx280 block.

Associate
OP
@esk thank you very much for you kind offer but alas we have 4 testers whom we work very closely with and all so traders can get samples to test out our products before they buy them (OCUK had some for testing).

All so i personally do extensive testing and destroying of my own kit on a regular basis to find out what works and what doesn't. :). If we were to test out every block on the market and every configuration then we would do less selling and have no products hitting the market due to vast array of water cooling hardware out on the market at any one time.

Associate
I wasn't on about getting anything for free I was going to buy it all from OcUK and let you know what I find out. :)

At least then you'd know and can put on your lists what is compatible or not and save you having to find out the hard way! :)

Associate
OP
A quick from from Mayhems. Thank you for all you support and we look forwards to a new year in 2012. Merry Christmas every one and hope you all get what you want for Christmas. Lets hope 2012 makes a big impact for every one as well :).

Mick (aka mlwood37 / Mayhem)

Now time to carry on fragging in BF3

Associate
I notice the Aurora is only designed for art / photo work etc

Is there plans for it be usable as a 24/7 solution? with tweaks or whaetever is necessary?
Its looks awesome in the vids I have seen of it?

Soldato
Why does the ultrapure water need a biocide?

Surely if there is nothing but water there are no nutrients and therefore no bacterial growth. I use my own distilled water (admittedly I don't pass it back through umpteen filters as it's intrinsically sterile and pure anyway) and it's crystal clear after a year or more of use. I tested some recently and it had 0 cfu/10ml vegetative organisms after 12 months use.

Does it have a micro spec?

I've also just been reading your MSDS for this product and you may want to make it a little bit less samey with some of your other products.

I would also query why you have to be a trained operative to dispense and handle it and why you need to be wearing gloves and respiratory equipment while doing so? If you don't ensure that I am a trained operative and that I have all the necessary PPE available (it doesn't seem to mention that on the label) then you probably don't have any due diligence defence when I drown myself while using it.

Marketing>All.

Associate
OP
MSDS sheets are there due to government regulations. They are mainly used for transporting good around the world and all so have strict guide lines that we must follow.

When sending out products around the world each country has to have different information linked to it so instead of creating hundreds of MSDS sheets we create one that is uniformed though out.

As for ultra Pure you can answer you own questions relay with just common sense.

Is your system sterile before you add Ultra Pure H20 ?

Does your system have UV filters fitted ?

Is you PC kept in a cool environment out of direct sun light?

Does your system have a active filter 24/7 ?

Why do you think you need a biocide?

Soldato
MSDS sheets are there due to government regulations. They are mainly used for transporting good around the world and all so have strict guide lines that we must follow.

When sending out products around the world each country has to have different information linked to it so instead of creating hundreds of MSDS sheets we create one that is uniformed though out.

As for ultra Pure you can answer you own questions relay with just common sense.

Is your system sterile before you add Ultra Pure H20 ?

Does your system have UV filters fitted ?

Is you PC kept in a cool environment out of direct sun light?

Does your system have a active filter 24/7 ?

Why do you think you need a biocide?

MSDS's are there for the use of the people using the product. When carrying out a risk assessment it's what people refer to. It's YOUR safety requirements that I am legally obliged to follow.

I used to write MSDS's. Yours is.... not correct.

My system doesn't need to be sterile before I add PURE water. Any organism requires an energy source to survive. They won't find it in pure water. If your water is so pure, what are they living on?

UV light is stopped by glass (so that's none coming from outside) and yes, the tubing in the system - even if it's clear which will block anything coming from the lights in the room if any are on. That's why you don't get a tan indoors even if it's light enough outside. So, that's that load of old marketing dealt with.

An A active filter? No I don't have one of those. Did you make that up in your "laboratory"? Your product is marketing spiel through and through.

Do you decant it under sterile conditions and are the "food grade" bottles you use sterilized prior to fill? I doubt it.

That's why you're needing biocide. Your pure water isn't pure at all. It's contaminated.

The fact is that if you only distill water once then it is effectively pure water for all intents and purposes. Multiple distillations can result in carryover, but your product has no dissolved solids apparently. If you distill into a sealed sterile container then the resulting water will not support microbial, protozoal or alginate growth. So if you decantthat into a sterile container under aseptic conditions you don't need a biocide.

So, why does your product need a biocide? It's probably less safe than tap water.

Back
Top Bottom