*** Official Rugby League SLXXI Thread ***

Soldato
OP
Zak Hardaker likely to get a two year suspension for taking cocaine. Stupid boy. World at his feet and he's thrown it all away. Cas have now burnt £150k transfer fee for a one season wonder who missed the GF and now the WC.

To add to Chase and Walker. Anuone know the latest on them? As far as I know they were just suspended by their clubs? Not heard the punishment yet.

Associate
Few dodgy looking picks in the WC squad. Kevin Brown? Chris Heighington? Only 2 wingers and 2 centres?

I think they got it right not picking Tomkins (either of them). As a Wigan fan I want Sam to have a proper close season and his form thsi year has done nothing to merit a place.

I'd be a bit fed up if I was Jamie Shaul or Greg Eden.

Kevin Brown, seriously Kevin Brown?

Soldato
OP
I know Eden has got a great try scoring record this year but I still can't get out of my head what an absolute liability the guy was at times at Rovers. He could win you a game with a moment of genius but quite easily lose you one with a massive brain explosion. He is definitely better on the wing than at full back, he's just too unsteady for that role, despite his brilliance in chiming into attack. For me, Cas missed him on the wing on Saturday.

Associate
A group of us on the coach to Wembley picked the worst XIII to play for Wigan in the last 20 years. Everybody independently had Kevin Brown at 6 (paired with Denis Moran at 7). I can feel my blood pressure rising even thinking about them :)

Back
Top Bottom