*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Associate
Keep toying with the idea of getting a sub, already have a beam and 2 One’s for rears. But hard to justify the £600 price tag to the wife unless it really improves the sound that much.

Associate
I am really contemplating about the Sonos Move. Have needed a speaker that I can take to other rooms and outdoors in our garden. Initially thought I'd be able to take the Sonos 1s I have as rears, but that's not possible as I need to remove them as surrounds and then add them and do trueplay everytime, which isn't ideal.

Associate
Keep toying with the idea of getting a sub, already have a beam and 2 One’s for rears. But hard to justify the £600 price tag to the wife unless it really improves the sound that much.

It does. Get it ordered.
This man speaks the truth ;) I've got an Arc with sub and surrounds and a Beam with sub and surrounds and the sub really fills out the sound and adds lovely bass. If you watch action films you'll love it :D
My subwoofer with the Arc died last year and was replaced by Sonos under warranty and I really noticed the difference in the sound when I was waiting for the replacement, explosions lacked impact and soundtracks weren't as immersive.

Soldato
I am really contemplating about the Sonos Move. Have needed a speaker that I can take to other rooms and outdoors in our garden. Initially thought I'd be able to take the Sonos 1s I have as rears, but that's not possible as I need to remove them as surrounds and then add them and do trueplay everytime, which isn't ideal.

That's the same reason that prompted us to buy a Move. It works brilliantly.

Associate
How are you planning to do that using the Roam?

It's the cheapest Sonos that has Bluetooth. I'm hoping that if I can connect the player through BT it will allow me to transfer the music to any other Sonos I may have.

The cheapest option to do this currently is either running a Raspberry PI or laptop on and creating a stream. Failing that the next option is a second hand Connect which are going for about 150 on ebay

Soldato
It's the cheapest Sonos that has Bluetooth. I'm hoping that if I can connect the player through BT it will allow me to transfer the music to any other Sonos I may have.

That's not going to work. When the bluetooth is active the wifi is disabled and vice versa so theres no way you could have a bluetooth source playing on the Roam or Move and then send that the your other speakers.

The cheapest option to do this currently is either running a Raspberry PI or laptop on and creating a stream. Failing that the next option is a second hand Connect which are going for about 150 on ebay

If you get a Connect and you're using Sonos S2 then make sure you get an S2 compatible version. Mine wasn't so I ended up getting a Port using the upgrade scheme.

Associate
That's not going to work. When the bluetooth is active the wifi is disabled and vice versa so theres no way you could have a bluetooth source playing on the Roam or Move and then send that the your other speakers.

This apparently isn't the case with the Roam. At home you can have a simultaneous WiFi and BT connection.

Soldato
Just noticed the app finally shows every format now when playing something on the TV. Only used to display Dolby Atmos and you used to have to go into the about to see the rest. Doesn't show if it's dolby atmos true hd or dd+ annoyingly though. Not sure when this changed, but a welcome change.

Screenshot-20210312-105407.png

Screenshot-20210312-105751.png

Screenshot-20210312-105442.png

Screenshot-20210312-105619.png

Associate
I just got a Beam and I'm pretty impressed with the sound the little thing puts out. Just wondered if the rears/surrounds add any fullness to the sound when watching movies? I know a Sub will help a ton with that but money is tight at the moment so I think I want to prioritize a pair of One's first!

Associate
I just got a Beam and I'm pretty impressed with the sound the little thing puts out. Just wondered if the rears/surrounds add any fullness to the sound when watching movies? I know a Sub will help a ton with that but money is tight at the moment so I think I want to prioritize a pair of One's first!
One's will help put you in the middle of the on-screen action, a subwoofer will help fill out the sound and really adds to films. Love both my 5.1 Sonos set-ups.

Associate

If it's one or the other, I'd get the sub first. The difference is not subtle.

Back
Top Bottom