• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official SuperPI Leaderboard ***

Soldato
Thought I may aswell start a little thread here for a leaderboard if anyone wants to do this just post up.

Rules:
Provide a CPU-Z screenshot of your CPU, Mainboard and Memory with notepad open and your OCuK name and of course the SuperPI 32M result.

Leaderboard:
28hk5eo.png

Run one 4.8Ghz:
15801v6.png

Run two 5GHz:
5ghzx.png

Run three 5.1GHz:
1zqewas.png

Final runs... (I'll pick these up where I left off when under water)
5.275Ghz:
29lh0g4.png

5.3GHz:
11hun1h.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I would put mine up but Phil told me only show offs post benchmarks and he onlny does it for testing. I don't wanna show off and post eh Phil LOL.

Well yours will be only slightly faster then mine as your cpu is only clocked 100mhz faster then mine and superpi only uses 1 core.

Associate
Well yours will be only slightly faster then mine as your cpu is only clocked 100mhz faster then mine and superpi only uses 1 core.

Yeah mine is just a bit quicker. Wanna compare a multi-core, multi-threaded benchmark? Then we'll see how close (or not) and the differences between our CPU's when they are using their full power.

Soldato
Yeah mine is just a bit quicker. Wanna compare a multi-core, multi-threaded benchmark? Then we'll see how close (or not) and the differences between our CPU's when they are using their full power.

It will be just over double the speed, me 4cores you 8cores.. Ah yeah but the other 4cores on your cpu are not real cores, so might be less?

Soldato
Ah yeah 6cores and 6 virtual ones..... I have no idea why I thought it was 8

My brain cannot calculate the speed diiff of that. but if it was 12 real cores superpi would calculate 3 times quicker then my 4core cpu,, but they are not all real, so no idea.... Brain goes BANG. lol

12 real cores, at a decent clock speed, that would be awsome......

Associate
Hmmmm so metal mackey cpu would be 3 times as fast (if) he had 12 real cores and it was ran on this same test.

But didnt he mention a multi core multi thread test? which as far as i know this superpi does not do?

My cpu knowledge is limited but im sure metalmackeys cpu would have hyperthreading whereas phil2008s cpu would not.

In a straight up multi core multi thread cpu test surely metalmackeys cpu would obliterate phil2008s?

I need to learn as much as possible as my cpu is ancient and needs upgrading as it can badly bottleneck my 5970

Last edited:
Associate
Hyper threading is the 6 extra virtual cores (threads really) the O/S "sees". Basiacally its 2 threads running on 1 core but I believe only certain instructions can run on both threads at same time and so you get a 15 to 30% performance gain depending on the App when it uses it IIRC.

Last edited:
Associate
So if i want really good performance i should be looking at a cpu with hyper threading then instead of a average i5 2500k?

I havent upgraded in years so i may aswell make it a great upgrade :)

Permabanned
So if i want really good performance i should be looking at a cpu with hyper threading then instead of a average i5 2500k?

I havent upgraded in years so i may aswell make it a great upgrade :)

It helps with a small amount of games, BF3 and Crysis 3 are two I know of.

Where it shines though is for things like encoding and streaming/recording.

Back
Top Bottom