• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official Unigine Heaven DX11 3.0 Benchmark Scores***

Soldato
Sorry, i shouldn't of goaded you for i know that you will pound me into oblivion with your water cooling when the time comes. :D However the accelero is not to be smirked at and has give my card a new lease of life.

Using 13.2 beta drivers + latest caps + windows 8. Windows 8 gives me better scores in everything compared to windows 7 + extra fps in games. Its not a huge difference, but im telling you its there.

:p

I'll look into 13.2 B's in due course :D

That accelero is holding up very very well matt, you don't see very many 7970's hitting 1300mhz+ on air. Heck I didn't even push my old lightning that far on air due to temps!

What voltage did you have to use to hit that clock? You'd probably manage an easy 1900mhz out of the memory too if you keep an eye out for correction.

Caporegime
:p

I'll look into 13.2 B's in due course :D

That accelero is holding up very very well matt, you don't see very many 7970's hitting 1300mhz+ on air. Heck I didn't even push my old lightning that far on air due to temps!

What voltage did you have to use to hit that clock? You'd probably manage an easy 1900mhz out of the memory too if you keep an eye out for correction.

According to my extensive testing there is very little gain (talking 1-2 points) past 1800Mhz. There is so much memory bandwidth you just don't see any gains. I settled for 1823 to reach the magical 350gb of bandwidth number.

Voltage was 1.262mv @1315. Technically my limit should be 1.237, but it seems i can go further without triggering the OCP limit. How much further can i go? Not sure. Sooner or later ill push it further, but i really don't like pushing lots of voltage through it even though core temps stay under 55c. I know that i need more voltage before the core will go any further thats for sure.

Soldato
You sir, have a golden card (IMO) to be smashing out over 1300mhz for 1.26v, thats not a million miles away from GHZ Edition stock voltage!!

I wonder what that card would manage with 1.38 - 1.4v

Caporegime
You sir, have a golden card (IMO) to be smashing out over 1300mhz for 1.26v, thats not a million miles away from GHZ Edition stock voltage!!

I wonder what that card would manage with 1.38 - 1.4v

I was surprised that i managed to exceed my voltage limit. I need more testing really to see how far it will go.

Sad news though, the MSI 7970 OC reference card has vanished from the ocuk website. I guess it will never be seen again. :(

If i ever have to RMA it ill probably end up with a dirty 1.25v ghz edition card.

Soldato
Maybe they sold out? Or have msi announced an xt reference card?

A strange one if they aren't stocking them any more as ocuk use them for tech lab cards & very popular at £299.

Caporegime
Maybe they sold out? Or have msi announced an xt reference card?

A strange one if they aren't stocking them any more as ocuk use them for tech lab cards & very popular at £299.

It was there yesterday and out of stock, now its no longer there. I think a minutes silence might be in order. So many of us had these cards, me, you, tommy, kissenger, and some others who ive forgotten. :D (but there were a fair few others honest :p)

Soldato
I did have this run from a long time ago, but I've never managed to hit that score since:
66yt4y.png

Anyway here's my addition

GTX 670 Windforce 3x - 1302/1927 - v1.212

d5uzk.png

ao2i3d.png

http://i48.tinypic.com/ao2i3d.png

edit// puts me 28th in the top 100 single GPU and 3rd fastest 670. I'm happy with that for def !

Last edited:
Caporegime
Cpu at 4.5ghz must make a bit of a difference illuz. I can manage 2106 with the gpu at 1320/7586. Cpu at the time was my old 920 @4.2ghz. Current 3570k @4.2ghz scored a few points lower. Memory on your card clocks very nicely too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers mate! Believe it or not, that run of 2297 was months before I bought my K2 and overclocked. I was on stock 3570k then but I've never managed to hit that score since!

I'll be back when I've bought my EVGA 670 FTW SIG 2 :D

Caporegime
The last time i tried running heaven on the clocks above, it froze after a few seconds. Gonna have to get round to clocking the cpu up a bit higher again. Dropped back to 8gb of ram, so should be a bit easier. 16gb in a gaming rig was overkill tbh.

Caporegime
Question for 8 Pack!

Do you think high cpu speed makes a difference in heaven when you just have one 7970? I seem to find i get slightly (im talking a few points nothing much) higher scores in this with a lower turbo multiplier generally.

OcUK Staff
Sorry, i shouldn't of goaded you for i know that you will pound me into oblivion with your water cooling when the time comes. :D However the accelero is not to be smirked at and has give my card a new lease of life.

Using 13.2 beta drivers + latest caps + windows 8. Windows 8 gives me better scores in everything compared to windows 7 + extra fps in games. Its not a huge difference, but im telling you its there.

Did you test 3D 11 and Vantage etc with Windows 8 and see an improvement in scores??? This may get me a world record for 11 with a slight increase.

Caporegime
Did you test 3D 11 and Vantage etc with Windows 8 and see an improvement in scores??? This may get me a world record for 11 with a slight increase.

I saw increases on windows 8 in everything. Nothing huge but definite gains. 3dmark and Unigine both went up slightly, minimum fps in games went up 1-2 fps as well in dx11 titles.

Just make sure you use Start8 so you can get rid of Metro UI with one click and make it look like Windows 7 but faster.

Permabanned
Something not right with my 680. Only scored 1990 and it's the overclocked windforce version. Also minimum fps was 13!

Edit: Ran it again and minimum was 27 which still seems low. Happens at the start as it stutters for a few seconds. New score was 2036.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom