****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
I've been watching a few videos by Zeven and a lot of what he does is get his team to do the right thing. His mantra seems to be you need to win one side *before* the enemy win the other.

Is very useful:

I second this. The good players i've seen in game tend to choose a side, 'carry' it and then flank the enemy force for the win. Even in tanks such as Grille 15. They don't bother with the perfect sniping, hulldown etc. positions when those are not on the break through side.

Soldato
It's all situational.

Don't fool yourself by looking at Zevens results though, no one gets 60%+ on all artillery or whacky winrate on actually junk tanks through team encouragement.

As I type you can watch another streamer fixing winrate on his artillery with the help of his clanmates.

It is the only consistent way to boost winrate once you're competent at the game. You get other competent players and stack your team.

Soldato
I must admit Jingles has said exactly that. When he was playing WoT with Quickybaby and Ik he openly admitted that he was a solid 50% player that was made to look good by being carried.

The fact that I never play in platoons I'm sure hinders my win rate. I think I am going to try hard to play well and ignore the results.

Last game in my stealth TD I didn't notice that a flipping OI had parked behind me. The result - he was spotted and I was hit with shots aimed at him. The result was a very quick death and a loss. Yes I should have noticed, but still.

Soldato
Of course good platoons improve your winrate but it's perfectly possible to get 60% without platoons and it doesn't require specific innate skills. There are certain things that good players do in certain situations. It's a bit like the art of selling - if you can open your mouth, listen and follow certain guidelines (which can come from instinct, experience and/or studying) you can be a good salesman.

Soldato
60% is easy enough to sustain if you use suitable tanks.

60%+ across all artillery is platooned, those tanks are not consistent enough to influence battles solo.

Associate
Of course good platoons improve your winrate but it's perfectly possible to get 60% without platoons and it doesn't require specific innate skills. There are certain things that good players do in certain situations. It's a bit like the art of selling - if you can open your mouth, listen and follow certain guidelines (which can come from instinct, experience and/or studying) you can be a good salesman.

That's why only 1% of the player base can actually manage a win rate of 60%... obviously no innate skills are needed.

Associate
Hotwired...I take all you have typed on board...and can sort of see what you mean...but oh my....it just doesn't help with weekends like this one.....don't even think about venturing out on this x3 weekend....so many 2-15 defeats....insane

Soldato
Actually one of the most encouraging things I've seen is the odd time I've watched a Twitch stream of someone like Quickybaby when he plays solo and watch him get crushed in bad teams just like the rest of us.

Soldato
Actually one of the most encouraging things I've seen is the odd time I've watched a Twitch stream of someone like Quickybaby when he plays solo and watch him get crushed in bad teams just like the rest of us.

He's no doubt a very good player but his self piety and whinging when it isn't going his way makes him unwatchable.

Soldato
While hes obviously great player. QB plays using a ton of gold ammo and consumables. Which is unsustainable for most players. I wonder does have to put a lot of money into the game or is sponsored by WG which enables him to pay like that.

Granted I'm not very good, but having so many roll over teams mean I lose my tank more often, which costs a lot of credits. I find the earning potential of some tanks for example my hellcat is very low compared to the cost of repairing it. The Rev has a much better earning to repair cost ratio. To make decent credits I have to avoid using gold where possible. If you are seeing a lot games where you are bottom tier or your team is crap, not using gold makes it much harder.

In those situations QB blows a ton of gold and credits to win the game. I like TheFochYou because he doesn't do that. But then he has insane aim and reactions. So I can't play like any of them either. I like watching their video's though.

TheFochYou take complaining to a whole new level though.

Soldato
Yep, Foch is quite funny now and then but if I'm going to watch someone play live it has to be Circon. The guy is a machine and can, more than anyone I've seen, bring what seems a certain defeat into a epic win with ease. He does have his bad games but his humour and knowledge make for good viewing.

Soldato
Circon is dull, good player but he focuses more on the game than interacting with his audience. Orzanel and Skill4ltu are far more entertaining and just as skilled if not more. I used to like SirFoch but his constant whining doesn't make him interesting to watch anymore. QB I don't really watch that much, seems okay and only really uses premium consumables as much as the others? Or has Circon stopped using them?

Associate
Circon is dull, good player but he focuses more on the game than interacting with his audience. Orzanel and Skill4ltu are far more entertaining and just as skilled if not more. I used to like SirFoch but his constant whining doesn't make him interesting to watch anymore. QB I don't really watch that much, seems okay and only really uses premium consumables as much as the others? Or has Circon stopped using them?

I like Orzanel too, good player and entertaining when he swears in Romainian(?). I played with him once when I was an arty and he was a scout. Told him I watched his stream and he told me where to pre-aim, I had a good game! I only really watch him, QB and TCfreer from time to time now. I used to watch Jingles before he stopped and Rita (did she stop too or did I get bored?).

Had another 5500+ damage game in my Obj268 today. Still trying to get 6000 for TD15.3 :rolleyes:.

Soldato
I heard a rumour about jingles and rita.

I don't especially care but maybe they're keeping a lower profile since twitch is frankly abusive and always after cheap shots.

Any alternative ideas on what to say in chat when someone decides to mention what their mod says the winchance is.

My goto response is usually "**** you" and blacklist them.

Infect yourself with false impressions all you like but trying to infect the team disgusts me.

Last edited:
Associate
I heard a rumour about jingles and rita.

I don't especially care but maybe they're keeping a lower profile since twitch is frankly abusive and always after cheap shots.

Any alternative ideas on what to say in chat when someone decides to mention what their mod says the winchance is.

My goto response is usually "**** you" and blacklist them.

Infect yourself with false impressions all you like but trying to infect the team disgusts me.

It isn't a rumour, Jingles announced that they were engaged on one of his mingles videos. Up to them really, but I don't really get 20 year gaps in relationships.

I don't know they calculate winrate but it is broadly accurate. I only remember winning a single game with a winrate below 20%. I think 45-55% is a 50/50 depending on how well you play as an individual. Much above or below that and generally it is correct.

I got ****ged off for camping at the back on a 35% last night when we were 4 or 5 tanks up. Suddenly our team melted and I saved the game by killing a tank and the time ran out with just me and arty alive. I like knowing win chance as it helps me decide how to approach the game.

I have my XVM set to tell me the win rate after the game was over, though you can often guess through the XVM colours. Even then I rarely tell my platoon mates before the battle, let alone the team.

Any intelligent person can see that telling your team it's definitely a win (unless your counter-acting an idiots proclamation that we're going to lose) is probably going to mean they scramble to do damage before the "inevitable" win, therefore getting themselves recklessly killed.

On the other hand, telling the team it will lose will have a detrimental effect and make your team feel hopeless. Basically either stay quiet or uninstall XVM.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I have taken to just using tanks I find fun..I am using the same 6 or 7 and just letting other stuff sit there unloved and unplayed

I seem to have amassed a fortune and never spend it as I have not gone beyond tier6 tanks

what can I spend 50 million credits on? how quickly will it deplete once I move beyond tier 6??

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I have my XVM set to tell me the win rate after the game was over, though you can often guess through the XVM colours. Even then I rarely tell my platoon mates before the battle, let alone the team.

Any intelligent person can see that telling your team it's definitely a win (unless your counter-acting an idiots proclamation that we're going to lose) is probably going to mean they scramble to do damage before the "inevitable" win, therefore getting themselves recklessly killed.

On the other hand, telling the team it will lose will have a detrimental effect and make your team feel hopeless. Basically either stay quiet or uninstall XVM.

you dont even need XVM to know you are on a losing team..you can predict in the first 30 seconds by the way the team distribute themselves how its going to go

Back
Top Bottom