Officially swapped 4 wheels for two

Soldato
Well this weekend I've cancelled my order for a new car and put a deposit down on a ninja 125!

Never thought I would ever own a motorbike but it makes sense for my situation.
My lease car went back a week ago, my new one was getting delay after delay. Someone mentioned it at work and it snowballed from there.

Hoping to get my cbt booked for end of month, bike should also be ready end of the month.

Never been into bikes but I'm very excited about it now.

Soldato
Take care, there seems to be a biker killed in Wales every week in the Summer.

"The overwhelming number of riders killed are white men, aged 35 or over, living in north west England or the Midlands, who die on left-handed bends," he said.

Soldato
Take care, there seems to be a biker killed in Wales every week in the Summer.

"The overwhelming number of riders killed are white men, aged 35 or over, living in north west England or the Midlands, who die on left-handed bends," he said.
The great majority of those poor sods will have been on sports bikes capable of exceeding their riding talents by at least 200%.

Soldato
Young lad at work said why is it when you say you ride a bike everyone has a naff story about someone they once knew who died on one.
I laughed because it is true.
To be fair, I had a number of acquaintances end up in ambulances during the first hot hatch era, but due to being inside a metal box when they crashed, they were still alive when the ambulance got to hospital.

Soldato
To be fair, I had a number of acquaintances end up in ambulances during the first hot hatch era, but due to being inside a metal box when they crashed, they were still alive when the ambulance got to hospital.
Motorcycling is inheritedly more dangerous, but we all know that (I hope) and would be fools to forget it.

Soldato
Take it easy and observe everything. Get used to the acceleration, even a 125 is quick, and most importantly enjoy it. Get good waterproofs and be cautious when it's just rained or icy. I started in a similar position to you getting a 125 when I couldn't afford a car and its spiralled now having owned a bunch of bikes and most recently a harley sportster.

Back
Top Bottom