Officially uninstalled MW3

Soldato
OP
Yeah MW2 was ok, only played it on my PS3 though. Blackops was a big flop as well IMHO as was World at War. They seem to have missed some great opportunities to make some great games out of these titles, but I guess it is more geared towards the console arena.

Fortunately I do still have BF3 to fall back on along with CoD4.

Soldato
And reinstalled CoD4:MW.

Has anyone else taken this route? I just can't get over how disappointing the game has been.

Yeah i have, luckily i didn't buy the game, it was gifted to me. If you don't use a smg's or akimbo FMG9 you gimp your self, and to me this makes the game boring as hell. So i gave up with it. :p

Soldato
To be frank, it was pretty darn obvious MW3 would be A) The same but worse, B) massively overpriced with cash-in DLCs and C) Nowhere near as good as it could be online.

Soldato
OP
To be frank, it was pretty darn obvious MW3 would be A) The same but worse, B) massively overpriced with cash-in DLCs and C) Nowhere near as good as it could be online.

What can I say, I asked for it for crimbo going in with false hope. I dislike it so much that I won't even give it away. It's going to be compelled to my shelf for the rest of eternity, staring on longingly at it's peers CoD4, BF3, C&C:Generals, Assassins Creed and many more.

Soldato
I completely sympathise. After having a love/hate relationship with MW2 I bought BO in the hope that the negative aspects of MW2 had been ironed out. That hope proved futile. BO was a steaming pile of akimbo shotguns and so I learned to just about resist MW3.

It's a sad time for us CoD fans.

Soldato
OP
Fortunately though we can all, I hope, speak wonders about BF3. It's stepped in nicely.

I was surprised last night to see lots of servers still up for CoD4 though, so well worth getting back into if anyone is curious.

Soldato
perk system, weapon balancing etc was pretty much spot on in COD 4/waw. for the sake of change and what was attempted innovation ended up making the cod games massively imbalanced and catering to the 10 year olds out there, who by law shouldn't be playing the game. lol

Caporegime
still play cod 4 on the tdm servers i can stil go on :p

if im not on bf3 im on cod4 still think cod4 is better just bf3 is newer :)

had to laugh went on clanbase to check how many leagues ladders teams are on bf3 there like a handful at best checked cod4 woooooooooooh theres thousands of teams think it says it all tbh.

Permabanned
I didn't think the lack of dedis in mw2 was a dealbreaker, for me it was the sprint speed - it was weirdly slow and the game lacked the pace of mw1 for me.

Black ops was just mediocre all over, and performs like a dog to this day on my system which I'm still a bit peeved about.

WaW had a handful of great maps, the one thats basically like stalingrad kessel from RO for example. But too many pap maps let it down, if you play on a good bolt server with the best of the maps it does go some way to restoring past glories though.

I was thinking of buying MW3, but I do feel that the pc crowd has become apathetic about cod nowadays and I thought that none of the hardcore pc community would be playing which would leave me with a rubbish online community to play with.

Soldato
Bought it cheap in a sale (<£20), did the SP and enjoyed it for what it's worth.

Won't be touching the MP with a 100ft bargepole, mind.

Back
Top Bottom