Officially uninstalled MW3

Associate
The only COD I enjoyed was the very first one.

Same, although two was not too bad. The rest of them .. meh !!

I tried number three and all i saw were small maps, overcrowded with players and most of them were spam nading spawn points. It was obviously designed for console so i have never bothered since.

Soldato
I think for PC CoD fans of the original are waiting to see what ex IW devs bring in the form of Respawn, I know I am. Looks like it could be at least 18 months off though.

CoD as it is now is dead on PC. I just hope that they drop the franchise on PC and give the PC some dignity back.

Soldato
Sadly, they won't drop it as idiots still throw money at them and say "Please take me from behind". I just hope PC gamers take a little stand and refuse to buy the next CoD game. But then I said that about MW3 and it still got massive sales.

Permabanned
CoD4, I played that game semi-professionally for several years and it's probably my favourite CoD. CoD2 was also great.

Since then they've all been absolutely terrible. They don't change much, release stuff which could easily be added in DLC and are generally awful.

Man of Honour
Black Ops is a flop... the guns feel like airsoft weapons rather than guns and last I checked they still hadn't fixed the gamebreaking microstutter and stalling issues until then no matter how good the rest of it is, its unplayable.

MW3 is basically MW2 all over again with a few improvements, couple of steps back and they still haven't fixed some annoying things like an option NOT to rejoin the same lobby you just left!!!!!!! ******* muppets.

Aside from the fact that its taken all skill requirement out of the game (especially as they've upped the backwards reconciliation history on the netcode to around 300ms - ******* noob developer muppets - theres a good reason it should never be over 125ms or so.) and appear to have purposefully gimped the maps to make a reason for DLC its still a blast to play when you get on a decent host and the game isn't full of people cheating (which happens more often than not).

I'm hoping one day they will take a step back, see what was good about COD4 and make something that takes some of the good features from MW2,BO,MW3, without the over the top features, scale the maps up a bit - but not too much, slow the pace down a little but again not to much and put the competitive aspect back...... but I can't imagine that selling to the dumb, short attention span, console players who just want instant gratification and to "pwn noobs" without putting any effort in.

Soldato
Black Ops is a flop... the guns feel like airsoft weapons rather than guns and last I checked they still hadn't fixed the gamebreaking microstutter and stalling issues until then no matter how good the rest of it is, its unplayable.

MW3 is basically MW2 all over again with a few improvements, couple of steps back and they still haven't fixed some annoying things like an option NOT to rejoin the same lobby you just left!!!!!!! ******* muppets.

Aside from the fact that its taken all skill requirement out of the game (especially as they've upped the backwards reconciliation history on the netcode to around 300ms - ******* noob developer muppets - theres a good reason it should never be over 125ms or so.) and appear to have purposefully gimped the maps to make a reason for DLC its still a blast to play when you get on a decent host and the game isn't full of people cheating (which happens more often than not).

I'm hoping one day they will take a step back, see what was good about COD4 and make something that takes some of the good features from MW2,BO,MW3, without the over the top features, scale the maps up a bit - but not too much, slow the pace down a little but again not to much and put the competitive aspect back...... but I can't imagine that selling to the dumb, short attention span, console players who just want instant gratification and to "pwn noobs" without putting any effort in.

But to even consider doing any of the above they would have to care. And they don't. Why? Because fools keep giving them their money, which is a great big sign NOT to care. Activision clearly wants to rinse as much money from us gamers as possible, so why would they waste valuable employee time actually creating a genuinely great FPS when they can copy & paste last year's title and people will still buy it in their millions?

Soldato
I signed the petition on here when they said there wasn't going to be any dedicated servers for MW2 on pc. I rented MW2 on the PS3 just to do the single player, haven't touched MW series since.

I hate what they've done to FPS on the PC going from 150 player servers to 16 console style. Thats not warfare, thats just skirmishing :(

Soldato
I didnt like WaW that much but 4 player CO-OP LAN with some mates and some beer was insanely good fun. Especially with the scoring system to bring some competition. That would be nice to see again :(

Back
Top Bottom