Oh dear... Bambi 2?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I gave up hope on shameless cash-in sequels after Blues Brothers 2000. Did anyone ever see the program that Stewart Lee and Richard Herring did called 'This Morning With Richard, Not Judy'? They used to have a bit where they did alternative endings to films. Blues Brothers 2000 ended with Dan Aykroyd and John Goodman dancing on John Belushi's grave whilst throwing money around. Pretty much spot on!

Soldato
The new film is a 'midquel', the story taking place in the middle of the first Bambi movie. It is your basic teenage angst tale, dealing with Bambi coping with his Father, the Great Prince, and his finding of a new mate while an orphaned Bambi comes to terms with his Mother's death.

Emo-Bambi. :p

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Matblack said:
And people ask me why I tend to watch more foreign movies and anime that UK/US stuff?

This, this is why!

MB

that's exactly the answer i've ALWAYS given for watching foreign films. some bloody originality! i mean, Bambi, that's an all-time classic and they're messing with it?! ridiculous

Caporegime
Disney really have gone downhill, the only good films they can make these days are with pixar, and didnt they have a bust up recently?

Mic

Mic

Soldato
dbappa said:
Disney really have gone downhill, the only good films they can make these days are with pixar, and didnt they have a bust up recently?
Yes. And now disney are trying to buy up Pixar to save there ass before they leave.

Associate
Disney and Pixar are trying to work out a deal for Disney to Distribute Pixar films again. However it is not going to happen until Pixar know what is going to happen about "Circle 7" (a secret division set up by Disney to make sequals to Pixar films after the contract ended!).

Talking about Disney sequels, 'Toy Story 3' is in production and scripts have been written for 'Monsters Inc 2' and 'Finding Nemo 2'. All these seqels are being done by this 'Circle 7' group so you can see Pixar's concern.
"Cars" (released June 06) will be the last film from the partnership but Disneys retain all rights to the films produced together.

Disney has really gone downhill since the mid 90's! :(

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Elston said:
Disney and Pixar are trying to work out a deal for Disney to Distribute Pixar films again. However it is not going to happen until Pixar know what is going to happen about "Circle 7" (a secret division set up by Disney to make sequals to Pixar films after the contract ended!).

Talking about Disney sequels, 'Toy Story 3' is in production and scripts have been written for 'Monsters Inc 2' and 'Finding Nemo 2'. All these seqels are being done by this 'Circle 7' group so you can see Pixar's concern.
"Cars" (released June 06) will be the last film from the partnership but Disneys retain all rights to the films produced together.

Disney has really gone downhill since the mid 90's! :(

omg is that really true?!

Associate
Unfortunatly it would appear so. Steve Jobs (Big Cheese of Pixar) talked about it when the big fall out happened. In fact Disney were reported to want sequels but pixar refused.

Pixar made a lot of money for Disney. The cost of making each film was split 50/50 and Disney kept 12.5% of Box Office profits. When the time came to renegotiate the agreement for 2007 onwards, Pixar thought the the deal offered favoured Disney too much and as Pixar are now finacially capable of making film on there own he cancelled negotiations.
Disney now have a new boss (Bob Iger?), someone who is keen on sorting out a deal very soon. But i still expect to see the sequels regardless of what happens.

EDIT: Oh, and Bambi 2 is out on the 7th of Feb, as i know you are all dying to see it! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom