Oh noes. Screen burn?? On 2007

Soldato
:'(

burn.JPG

My camera sucks but you can see the recyle bin icon.

I'm using a program called Dead pixel buddy. It will change the colour of the screen and when I set it to black I can see it. I first noticed it in HL2 - Garrys mod on the first screen when you start it.

-------------

As I finished typing that ^^^ I kept this window open and launched DPB. This is what I see LINK

Think I should phone the people that make this monitor and get it replaced?

but should this be happening in the space of 3 minutes?

I didn't think a new LCD would do this. If it's a problem with all 2007s then I'm going to have to take it back. Cause I dont see why it should happen in a corner rather than all the screen.

Nah it's going back. Its on all corners and sides. I just have to look hard for it. I really hope they will do a same day swap.

Well without a service code I cant do anything. I can't find any numbers apart from the barcode. Anyone know where the service code is?

tis OK. Gave them a ring. Very nice chap. Just gave him some details and before I knew it;

"OK I have arranged a delivery for you tomorrow"

Sweet. :)

I got the monitor replaced at half 8 this morning. This one is fine and I leave it on for 20 minutes on a stable image and no screen burn.

This hasn't scared me into letting my screen saver cut in quicker and I rly dont think screen burn is something which is a problem. It was a faulty monitor that was all.

My screen saver comes on after 15 minutes and then monitor goes on standby 5 minutes after that.

:(

Recently installed vista and have been using the windows classic theme. I switched to areo today. Thought it was maybe a graphics glitch. Restarted pc.

top1.jpg

Thats not a shadow btw. Same goes for the second image. That dark part is burn in.

top2.jpg

close.jpg

Ugh. Will see tomorrow if its still there. If it is looks like I will be phoning up the company that make this monitor and see what they say. I can't remember if it's one year warranty. I bought it direct from the company.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom