OH NOES!!!

Soldato
Well last night, i was trying to sort my games jerking problem out, to make sure that i had tried everything i could to fix it, i pluged in an old hard drive, and asked ghost to make an image onto it.. rebooted and "No OS" so i deleated *** partition as a guide said and "Missing NTLDR" so i tried for a few hours to repair this before giving up, just as i did this one of my hard drives became unformated.... i installed windows and it got to the welcome screen then blue screened and reset continualy.

Then my hard drive started going Beep Crack Beep Crack Beep Crack... disturbing so i disconected it, tried my hard drive that was left widows says "C:\ Is Corupted and cannot be repaired press any button to exit" So i thought crap 90GB.... the last 4 years of my PC life corupted....

I pluged in the 20GB HDD that is my spare again and tried installing windows... but it gets so far into the instaltion and bam.... *Blue Screen Of Death* I swear it laughed at me..... no matter what i try i cannot get windows installed Before it blue screens...

So my question be this, what could cause this? Is it worth repairing? Will there be any way for me to get my data back off the corupted hard drive?

The hard drive says its formated in NTSF still, and also says there is 69GB free im sure there should be less free... but i dont wanna lose all my stuff so if anyone can help i will love them forever heh.

I have tried different memory in different slots btw.... not much else i can try....first pc jerking.....then norton ghost.... then dead hard drive and corupted hard drive and inability to isntall windows.... what the hell is going on :S (Had Mobo, CPU, Mem, PSU, Graphics Since May 05)

TY :(

Associate
with regards to your data, try plugging it into another pc... as the pri ide slave, or if u have a caddy try using it as a external just to check if your data is there.

Suspended
You do have DVD-R backup of your data, right? If you can't even do a fresh install on your machine nor have enough computer then you're stuck.

Permabanned
have a look in MM for a cheap HDD then format that put windows on it plug in your corupted HDD whilst off if possible then copy the data across to the new hard drive obviously you have to buy a hard drive big enough to fit all your stuff on either from MM or a cheap new one from OCUK its your only solution ATM

Soldato
will "bart pe" help?

if yes, then basically plug hdd basck in like it was and enter bart pe cd into ** disk drive then boot from cd rom....

then bart pe (if ** lucky) will let u go inside the corrupt drive and burn whatever files u need....

I dunno if it will work but worth a try?

good luck

Soldato
u already have xp on there dont u ? thats why its blue screening IMO.....

get a copy of bart pe and then boot that from the cd go in and burn what u want and then do a fresh installation...

Soldato
interesting question here, but if you havent got another pc with a ide controller and your pc your mentioning is the only pc and its knackered e.g. bluescreens then how are you posting this ? :confused:

Soldato
OP
Its Called A Laptop.... granted i cant play movies or games because its so full of dust the CPU is 100% load most of the time, but its fine for posting on the net and using msn..... but i dont think it would like an IDE cable ramming inside it

Associate
Ntldr errors (shudder) means you have corrupted your Windows load files.

One of the main windowsXP install errors was a bug in the ATA speed for instance installing a 133 speed ATA which would bring up the Ntldr error before you could apply the 100 speed to 133 patch from the mobo drivers.

Was fixed with XP sp2 but you should check your disk speeds as these disks will not revert to 100 speed as it should.

Else I have found that formatting FAT 32 for install is better but still messy.

L_D

L_D

Associate
If NTLDR is still coming up after deleting and recreating a partition then try the following from recovery console;

fdisk /mbr - then reboot. If this doesn't resolve then try fixboot in recovery console.

When you are getting blue screens, is there a specific error message? Or does it disappear without enough time to read?

Remove all unessential hardware (use the least amount of RAM you can) and try reinstalling windows on the 20GB drive.

It is worth checking that it is not overheating. Also try alternate IDE ports.

Last edited:
Soldato
try downloading memtest and checking the PC with that for abit on test 5 i believe it is, and see if it comes up any errors. as usually if it bluescreens its that or harddrive or perhaps the cd/dvd-rom or the disk that causes it.

Soldato
OP
:( Hmm, ran a boot cd and found out my memory was dodgy, so uped the volts to it and sorted.... now im in windows and im looking at the corupted hard drive, its reported that 64GB out of 111GB are free and when i click on it it shows as empty, i tried running undelete but it finds mostly only files of few KB inside and will only partialy restore them, CHKDSK tries to scan the drive each boot up, and when i let it run for a while it deleted, rearanged and sorted quite a few odd numbers... i realy dunno what to do but i need this stuff back

Back
Top Bottom