OK, Dell = Pants

Soldato
One minute you say dell is pants by starting this thread.

Now you're saying that you work for them?

Chopper said:
i work for dell mate and i can tell you worse statistics than that so please can we not turn this into a ocuk promo thread please i know its hard for you.

Eh WTF?

Permabanned
If you work for them surely you cna invoke an RMA without speaking to bombay??

Surely as staff you have internal phone numbers and means of getting it done quicker and also non-refurb?

Associate
I just have to add my 2 cents to the Dell LCD experience. I have a 2001 and 2405 fp and haven't had any problems with them at all. A few of my friends have also bought the 2405 and have had no complaints at all.

In regards to the 26 TV "fiasco", that is something that Dell has done before. In December 2004 they sold out their remaining Poweredge 1600SC servers over all ofEurope at a price of £99, and of course at that price their systems got run over by orders and they sent out many many more order confirmations than available servers. And also in that case they were poor at handling the communications with the customers that had received confirmations. One would have thought they had learned from that experience, and would handle the issue better.

Associate
OP
just cos you work for them dont mean you have to like them, they are a shambolic company in my opinion, i bought all the gear just after i started before i realised the stuff sucks and customer service is disgusting.

you'd think we would have an internal way of sorting stuff but no chance we get treated worse than customers, my mate waited over a month just to have his laptop delivered and they refused to deliver to the office lol, sorry but me monitor is still developing burn no sooner has it lost the image that was burned last night, tonights gets burned in, in a word or two cheap crap.

Soldato
5tephen said:
I hate threads like this, especially with subjects like that because they stand out a mile.
How about we get every Dell monitor owner in thie forum to post a paragraph about how good or bad their monitor is? The above complaints will get totally masked out by the number of positives.
Dell were indeed at fault with the people concerned above, however, and you have every right to be mad (I've had problems with suppliers too). But they cannot be perfect with every single customer, and because one person is unhappy then that makes Dell = pants? Don't think so.

Do you read the hardforum? There's a thread over 120 pages long. In that thread nearly everyone has had a problem with the FPW2005. I too had to wait god knows how long before Dell and OCUK sorted me out. In the end I paid through the nose for an Eizo, as if buying well priced products means you get crap tech support and a shoddy product - then no more stuff like that for me thanks.

Soldato
Robert said:
Do you read the hardforum? There's a thread over 120 pages long. In that thread nearly everyone has had a problem with the FPW2005. I too had to wait god knows how long before Dell and OCUK sorted me out. In the end I paid through the nose for an Eizo, as if buying well priced products means you get crap tech support and a shoddy product - then no more stuff like that for me thanks.
Just read the thread at Hardforum:This backlight issue must be a maaahooosive manufacturing problem and they don't seem to accept that they have it :)

L_D

L_D

Associate
Chopper said:
just cos you work for them dont mean you have to like them, they are a shambolic company in my opinion, i bought all the gear just after i started before i realised the stuff sucks and customer service is disgusting.

you'd think we would have an internal way of sorting stuff but no chance we get treated worse than customers, my mate waited over a month just to have his laptop delivered and they refused to deliver to the office lol, sorry but me monitor is still developing burn no sooner has it lost the image that was burned last night, tonights gets burned in, in a word or two cheap crap.

*OT apologies* I imagine this will be the same issue that affected a huge batch of capacitors back around 2002. It caused/causes problems accross the whole industry and is not a Dell specific issue as it affected many manufacturers. This should not affect current machines at all only old ones.

http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_30328/article.html

Soldato
I said i'm not to judge.

I just find it weird that he works for the company and hates their products.

Surely if he truely worked for them he'd know how bad their products are (as he claims) and wouldn't get one.

I have a Dell TFT and it's perfect.

Associate
Whilst my 2005FPW is great Dell do defy belief in some areas; I odered the monitor + soundbar and the order reflected I should receive 4 boxes - I couldn't understand why 4 but it became (almost) clear when the courier turned up with:

box 1: monitor, stand, DVI lead etc
box 2: power lead for monitor, all nicely padded in foam etc, god knows why it needed it's own box but ok
box 3: sound bar
box 4: missing (courier was very apologetic, promised to find it etc, etc..)

So I set it up and everything was fine, the courier never appeared with the mysterious 4th box but nothing appeared to be missing so I decided it had to be a mistake until.... some 4 days later I receive a call at work from "Ron", I don't know Ron, but he tells me he lives in Billericay. He also tells me that when he opened the large box from Dell addressed to him that arrived that morning he found (again nicely padded & wrapped in plastic etc) a Product Info Guide for a 2005FPW along with my address, work phone number, order number etc. Now thankfully Ron is not an axe wielding psychopath and has (at his own expense) sent the guide to me leaving me wondering a) why the hell didn't they just put everything in 1 damn box - it was more than big enough, and b) should I call Dell and point out to them exactly how they've breached the 1998 Data Protection Act?

Soldato
Aram said:
Whilst my 2005FPW is great Dell do defy belief in some areas;
After asking for a replacement 2005FPW due to backlighting issues and giving them my address, they sent the replacement to OCUK, and it took 60 days for them to sort this out and send one to me.
Then when I arranged to send the first monitor back, after saying that it was packed, labelled and ready for collection, they sent a courier out to deliver an empty box for me to pack the already packed monitor in, it was a box for a 17" monitor !! The same courrier then came back the next day to pick up the monitor.
After chasing them for 30 odd days for a refund, which they agreed to pay me by cheque to my home adddress, I learn that they not only refunded OCUK for the original monitor instead of me but they also refunded them for the 2 replacements they sent me as well !!!
While they were urinating about refunding OCUK I was without a monitor and had to hire one. They refuse to refund the hire charges even though this was a direct result of their ****-ups so I have had to issue a court claim against them.

Soldato
This is why I bought the Eizo. Hopefully with them being a fairly industrial/professional type company - things like this should be ok. When you phone them you get someone who tends to know what they're doing. Also the don't fill their monitors with crap like composite ports etc.

Soldato
When you deal with Dell:
WOP.jpg

:D :D

Back
Top Bottom