Ok...so its Dec 31st. Your personal GOTY ?

Man of Honour
Here are the rules :

#1 - Absolutely NO multiple game choices, ONE game, ONE game only...NO top 3's , no joint GOTY, no "honourable mentions" - ONE SINGLE GAME.

#2 - Must have been FULL released between Jan 1st 2021 and Dec 31st 2021 (which means that yes, a game which was in Early Access pre-2021 but got its full release this year, IS allowed)

#3 - No titles still in Early Access

#4 - No DLCs - must be a main game release

#5 - Must be a PC game - Duh

GO !

Running Tally of OCUK'rs GOTY

Nothing at all - 17
Resident Evil Village - 10

Days Gone - 7
It Takes Two - 5
Age of Empires 4 - 4
Guardians of the Galaxy - 3

Deathloop - 3
Mass Effect Legendary Edition - 3
Halo Infinite - 3
Outriders - 2

Forza 5 - 2
Hell Let Loose - 2
The Forgotten City - 2
Hitman 3 - 2
Subnautica Below Zero - 2

GTFO - 2
Farcry 6 - 1
Riftbreaker - 1
Car Mechanic Simulator - 1
Deaths Door - 1
New World - 1
Chivalry 2 - 1
Wildermyth - 1
Metro Exodus Enhanced - 1
Diablo 2 Ressurected - 1
Inscryption - 1
Psyconauts 2 - 1
Medieval Dynasty - 1
Humankind - 1
Kena Bridge of Spirits - 1
Lust from Beyond - 1

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Guess this would include games that got re-released? Even if the original release was before 2021.

By re-release do you mean a remaster or a reboot? If so then yes, providing that its not a 1 for 1 clone of the original. As long as its been remastered in some way then I'll allow it.

Man of Honour
OP
<delete as this game was 2020>

So I'll vote for nothing as I haven't played anything new in 2021 that has been memorable.

a 2nd vote for Nothing at all has been added :)

Hmm, quite a tough one this. I've only bought three full-priced game this year, and most games that I've sunken time into this year, weren't released this year.

If I had to pick one, I'd say RE: Village.

It is indeed a tough one, its been pretty slim pickings for 2021 when you actually have to think on it.

Man of Honour
OP
The trouble with GOTY threads is that I never play games on their release year. I grab them 12 months or so later for 10% of the price :p

So any thread asking me to rate 2021 games is a non-starter :p

Best game I played this year was HZD :p

I actually do know what you mean, for example the out and out best game that I played this year wasnt RE:Village (the game that I gave my GOTY to), it was Metro Exodus but I came a bit late to the Metro Exodus party because that came out nearly 3 years ago.

Man of Honour
OP
it should be on steam in january ? cause i believe it was on epic this year, so 1 full year on epic, usually syeam release a year later ? but ive heard no word on it ?

Ah, as its that close (possibly) I'll wait and see if it pops up on Steam then as thats where my other Hitman games are.

Man of Honour
OP
Only bought a single game that came out this year and that was Car Mechanic Simulator 2021. I enjoyed it and even added it to my Favourites on Steam (only have 4 in that list after Fallout 4 got relegated this year) so may as well give it a GOTY :D

Funnily enough some of those are surprisingly good fun, I played Gas Station Simulator this year, which on paper shouldnt be in any way fun but I actually really enjoyed it :D

Man of Honour
OP
It's more feature packed and stable then all the games listed so far plus it got game of year from PC gamer

Which is perfectly fine for PC Gamer but this isnt PC Gamers GOTY, this is my GOTY thread. My game, my rules. I've never agreed with early access titles being included in GOTY awards because they've not been released and with the nature of EA games its never a guarantee that they ever will be completed. Hence my rule that the only games allowed are finished games not partially finished games. Valheim can always be voted for GOTY next year when it gets its full release, much like the votes for Hell Let Loose or GTFO this year. Theres only 5 rules so shouldnt be terribly hard to follow them :D

Back
Top Bottom