Okay so bought new HP OMEN 15 my general thoughts

Associate
I love it! for the price I got this £800 over 12 months has hardly broke the bank. Previously I had a clevo p170em which was double the weight roughly that wouldn't work unless powered on via mains.
Now These are the specs I got
Intel core i5-7300HQ
Nvidia geforce GTX 1050
8GB Ram
128gb SSD
1TB HDD

Now as I only play the odd game on a laptop and do most of my gaming on my desktop 4k 1080 Ti I didn't need to spend £1k+ on a laptop. so at 2.2kg it's lovely and light and runs extremely cool the highest the 1050 has got is 64 degrees in such a thin laptop!
Now the 1050 is approximately 90% the performance of my HEAVILY overclocked 680m running at 1ghz and nearly 5ghz on the memory which ran at 80+ degrees and in bed would hit 90 degrees even on a laptop pad and throttle.
So yea don't want to break the bank and want a nice looking laptop not too fancy look at me then the HP omen is a cracking little laptop!

Associate
Been looking into getting a new laptop, last HP I had was terrible with overheating problems so I was a bit caution around HP laptops. Nice to hear that it is generally a good performer for the money though.

Associate
Where did you get the finance deal?

Also, I have heard that the screen isn't very bright - can you confirm? Ill be going into a store on Friday to check out your laptop vs an ASUS GL553 with similar specs, I cant quite make up my mind which one to get.

Associate
OP
The brightness isn't the best yes though the weight of it and the temps are fantastic gpu sits at 59 degrees obviously it comes very little power throw a little overclock +225 On the core and 250 on the memory has it sat at 1974 mhz and stays low to mid 60s in terms of temp however I've since took it back because the 1050 was a little under whelming coming from a custom VBIOS 680m running at 1ghz the 1050 matched it at stock and was 10% ahead when overclocked I think I was expecting a bit too much from it:) I'm since now saving up and going on that pre-build website based on the clevo p670-rs G :)
Where did you get the finance deal?

Also, I have heard that the screen isn't very bright - can you confirm? Ill be going into a store on Friday to check out your laptop vs an ASUS GL553 with similar specs, I cant quite make up my mind which one to get.

Associate
Hey thanks for the reply. TBH I am coming from an ASUS I bought in 2011 with a GT555M, I'm pretty sure either laptop would be a significant upgrade :).

I only really play WoW/HoTS, and some strategy games, so nothing hardcore. I am also perfectly fine with medium settings. Only reason I am even looking is that even with all graphics settings on low, Heroes of the Storm now dips into single digit FPS :(.

Back
Top Bottom