Old People Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
HOW ANNOYING!!!

Ok so its bad weather out there and we shud all be driving slow. But COME ON!!!!! Old people just seem to be oblivious to any other drivers!!!!! Most never signal, go 30mph in a national speed limit and complain about the youth of today when its them who are the bad drivers!!!

I say everyone should have to take their test again at the age of 50 if they want to keep driving.

Hinchy

Associate
OP
Re: Re: Old People Driving

Originally posted by 2blue4u
And you speak from years of driving experience, of course.

Oh, hang on. You're just 17 - LOL.....................

I live on a farm and have been driving vehicles since the age of seven and gained my tractor license when i was 16 so yes i am speaking from experience.

Yeah i suppose 65 wud be better. Plus ur pension could help fund your lessons!! LOL

Associate
OP
Well yes considering i worked for a farming contractor last summer so i was driving on the roads all the time. And even i was going 30 on a 30mph road rather than a measly 20 whenever they see a car coming the other way.

Associate
OP
Well considering i drive a mitsubishi shogun van which can barely do over 70mph, i don't enter into this stereotypical 'kiddie driver' ur thinking of. Alright i'll admit there sure is some stupid young Oi! on the road but the same can be said for old people. I mean you used to be able to just apply for a driving license and bingo u were on the road. That doesnt seem fair!

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Werewolf
he/she is invicible in the hot little nova.

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!! NOT ALL YOUNGSTERS ARE LIKE THESE MORONIC DRIVERS WHO SPEND ALL THEIR PARENTS MONEY ON SOUPING UP A TIN CAN!!!!!! I'm with u on that one! They just sit outside McDonalds talking about how fast they got their car to go. There are normal 17 year old drivers too. Sadly these are brushed aside when it comes to insurance companies, who stereotype every youngster as this kind of idiot!

Associate
OP
hmmmmm.....

well one things 4 sure your reaction times decrease as u get older. awareness is greater.

about yongsters' cars being an extension of their penis. pleeeeeease!! thats garbage! thats a small minority of idiots who seem to get all the attention. mainly because people keep talking about them!

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Balddog
and yet ALL old people do what you describe in your first post right? :rolleyes:

LOL well ok u got me stumped there then!!!!!!! HEHEHE!! but i'm sure that all the bad ones are now apperaing around my town. btw its not just me! parents, friennds and outer family agree!!!

Associate
OP
putting the age up would mean that when ppl do pass their test, it becomes an even bigger extension of their penis!!! sorry bit crude there!! this past year i went to canada and they start leeting u drive at 15 around ur area (which is mainly wot youngsters want to do. so they can see friends) and also i had some new zealanders stay at my house and they started driving on the roads at an even younger age! you dont hear about how bad all their driving is!

Associate
OP
plus!!! when i was having lessons i was taught to drive up to the speed limits ranging from 30mph to 60mph. i was therefore being told to put my foot down which therefore means that whoever teaches the driving instructors is telling them to teach us 'kiddies' to get moving whereas older people were taught to drive slow. surely that must mean research has proved that cars moving quicker and not causing congestion, means safer roads!

Associate
OP
I'm v sorry MindYerBeak but your views seem stupid. Upping the age would not change it as young people would still be inexperienced. Why dont we have all roads like a motorway? one lane for youngsters, one for middle aged, and one for old people? aaaaaaaaaaaah problem solved! :p

Associate
OP
i agree.

not all of us are maniacs!!

in fact my grandad who was a bus driver sed that a good driver is one who makes their passangers barely move in their seat when going round corners. and that is exactly what i try to do. especially when other people are in the car as they are putting their trust in you so u shud respect that decision by driving responsively. and i most certainly dont go speeding off when my girlfriend is in the car! she'd batter me 4 it! hehehe.

Associate
OP
the type of youngsters u r on about are what is wrong with the youngsters today. the ones who's parents throw them out of the house and say dont come back till later. these are the ppl who are making society as bad as it is in england today. it aint down just to the kids but parenting too! it should be the parents responsibility to go out with their children every so often to see how their driving is going. mine sure do and it helps. errors i make they point out and i correct. it helps to become a better driver

Associate
OP
say Fevvahz where abouts in cheshire r u from? I go to Kings in Macclesfield and was wonderin have u seen the idiots who mess around at that McDonalds on the silk road?

those are the kind of youngsters MYB thinks every 17 year old is like.

which we aint

Associate
OP
not every single ****** 17 year old is the same lunatic driver! we just get placed in the same category as the 'i know everythin' idiots'!

so were u a nuisance driver when u were 17? or was it different then as passing was even easier! no? guess we'll just never be as good as ur generation!

damn i dont know why lifes worth living :p (j/king)

Associate
OP
Originally posted by MindYerBeak
Impractical because the government sees them as a source of revenue. Where else could they fine people for speeding?

hmmm i thought a lot of speeding tickets came from middle aged businessmen who r late for a meeting

ur so narrow minded! u think ur generation is perfect! i bet u think school exams are getting easier don't u? not that children are becoming more intelligent and teaching is better. no it couldnt be that! that would be giving children confidence! :mad: :mad:

Associate
OP
no chance am i admitting defeat!!!!!

not being arrogant at in this but i believe i am a far better driver than a large amount of 65+ drivers who are oblivious to any other road users

all they had to do to pass their test was apply for it! WOW!! PASS!!!! they must be so good!!!! are u saying u weren't annoyed by older drivers when u were 17? were u a good driver?

Associate
OP
Originally posted by noob
I see people all ages using mobile phones, doing their hair/makeup, messing with the radio, they are the bad drivers. So why not test all ages. hehe my uncle is a traffic officer you've brightened his day because he's laughing at your posts. :)

hmmm strange cause i was tellin my parents before about ur comments and they laughed too! weird eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom