Old volvo....

Soldato
Evening guys, im looking to sell my current car and purchase something different. Just because i have had this car 6 years now, and getting bored.

My current car is 07 plate Vectra 1.8 petrol with 101k miles.

I would be looking to purchase something along the lines of

Volvo V40 1.9D with 170-190k miles

or Bora/passat/avensis/accord all diesel with roughly 110-150k miles

Is this a bad idea?

I do around 20,000 miles per year, mainly motorway.

Convince me to change my mind! :p:o

Soldato
OP
If you are going to get a Volvo, at least do it properly. Get a nice 850 or early V70. Sod the fuel consumption ;)

If you must have a diesel (and by the looks of the thread, a cheap one). I'd have a VAG group car with a 1.9 PD diesel.

EDIT: Like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-SKOD...987019?hash=item2eef85500b:g:-SUAAOSwH71XPHXQ

Yeah would save a packet per week of fuel costs :)
That the same engine that is in a Bora i have been looking at?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ext=default&postcode=eh546jf&page=1&logcode=p

Caporegime
It is the same engine yes. I think I'd rather have an Octavia over a Bora though. Whilst the Bora offers better value than the Golf on which it's based, it still offers worse value than the Octavia (which is also MK4 Golf based). The Passat and Superb are even better value.

Soldato
OP
It is the same engine yes. I think I'd rather have an Octavia over a Bora though. Whilst the Bora offers better value than the Golf on which it's based, it still offers worse value than the Octavia (which is also MK4 Golf based). The Passat and Superb are even better value.
Thanks mate.

Would love a superb, or passat over a bora, just none within 50miles of my home :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Soldato
Naive to think that, only proven history would give you that and at cheap prices I wouldn't expect much paperwork, "value" cars aren't the value they once were :/

If that's all the money you have for a car and your Vectra runs good, keep it.

Man of Honour
Getting rid of a 2007 Vectra you've had since it was 3 years old - for £1000 - to then buy an unknown ultra high mileage 1500 quid banger seems like a ridiculous idea.

Back
Top Bottom