OLED 1440p or 4K

Associate
I'm looking at a 4K OLED but I am unsure about whether to go the full hog or opt for a 1440p? I currently have:

- GFX 7900XTX
- CPU 7800X3D
- RAM 32GB Corsair Dominator

The OLED (4K) I was looking at was the
- ASUS PG32UCDM
- Or the LG version but that is impossible to get at the moment

There seems to be better 1440p options and perhaps more stable for the long run as I can maintain a high frame rate using max settings. With 4K I guess would be stretching the system and perhaps be getting a low frame rate making for a stuttery experience? I'm assuming there is a huge difference between 1440p and 4K visually when playing games?

Is gaming your only / main requirement? Any other usage?

Daytime or nighttime usage? What kind of ambient lighting conditions?

What have you got right now?

Gaming mainly and its a dark room as I usually play at night. My current monitor is an LG Ultrawide 34" 60Hz 1440p which is often used for work. Gaming is great on it but only 60Hz so not using my graphics card a whole lot :)

The games you play would be a factor here I think. Slightly lower frame rates for less sweaty games, + the scaling options where you can run something like the PG32UCDM in 27" mode at a slightly lower res to get more FPS.

I would suggest looking at the LG 32GS95UE as it's a single button click to jump between 1080p 480Hz and 4K 240Hz, but that thing is rarer than rocking horse **** at the moment.

Edit: just spotted you referred to the LG above in your OP, missed it as it was lacking the model number :)

Last edited:
The 32” models provide a better picture quality all round, with higher pixel density and improved pixel structure that helps significantly for text / work, but also gives you a sharper and more detailed image for gaming.

Those models feel like they’ll probably be more future proof for you as well, as other components are upgraded. They’re better screens generally than the 27” models. The QD-OLED models like the Pg32UCDM you mentioned should also be fine given your environment

The games you play would be a factor here I think. Slightly lower frame rates for less sweaty games, + the scaling options where you can run something like the PG32UCDM in 27" mode at a slightly lower res to get more FPS.

I would suggest looking at the LG 32GS95UE as it's a single button click to jump between 1080p 480Hz and 4K 240Hz, but that thing is rarer than rocking horse **** at the moment.

Edit: just spotted you referred to the LG above in your OP, missed it as it was lacking the model number :)
Or also the new PG32UCDP from Asus which should be launched soon :)

LG one is the holy grail of monitors but so difficult to find. This one PG32UCDP is the same as the LG with the dual hz support?

FWIW I've just checked the LG site and it looks like that monitor might be in stock. Given that OCUK don't stock it I think I'm ok to tell you that? I'm not responsible for any impulse purchases you make... may or may not be dealing with my own at the moment :D

LG one is the holy grail of monitors but so difficult to find. This one PG32UCDP is the same as the LG with the dual hz support?
Yes same panel. Here’s a direct comparison between the teo

32" WOLED Shoot-out!! - Asus ROG Swift PG32UCDP vs. LG 32GS95UE

Back
Top Bottom