Olympic Boxing

Associate
I wasn't sure how Count Back worked, so Googled:

When there's a tie all of the scores from all of the judges are added up to determine the winner.

Associate
Hey, I've never really watched boxing, the guy won today on count back. Can someone explain what it is? Is it who was ahead at the end of the last round? who won the last point? what?

I've had a quick google but nothing explains it.

thanks

NZB

NZB

Associate
Hey, I've never really watched boxing, the guy won today on count back. Can someone explain what it is? Is it who was ahead at the end of the last round? who won the last point? what?

I've had a quick google but nothing explains it.

thanks

There are 5 judges who each give a score. At the end of each round the highest and lowest scores are dropped and the middle 3 are used. On countback they use all 5 judge's scores for each round.

I think.

Caporegime
There are 5 judges who each give a score. At the end of each round the highest and lowest scores are dropped and the middle 3 are used. On countback they use all 5 judge's scores for each round.

I think.

Not quite.

There are 5 judges who have to press a red or blue button when they think the boxer has scored a point. If 3 judges press the same coloured button within 1 second, it counts as a point.

When they do a count back they count up all the individual button presses.

Back
Top Bottom