omg, funny thing just happened....

Soldato
So I call up about an MX5 on autotrader and get told by the italian sounding salesman that it's just about to have a deposit put down on it, however he does stock MX5's quite regularly. So I enquire about his p/x service and explain the details of my car, to which he tells me it's worth between £2k and £2.5k.
Obviously I wasn't so happy with that as I paid £4k for the car, but I accepted what he was saying and was just about to say "thankyou for your help" and end the call when my phone cut out.

"Oh well" thinks me, that's that.
Anyway, no sooner have I put the phone back in the cradle than it rings again.

"Listen mayte, you listen to what I say, yes?"

"Yeah sorry about that bud, phone went dead"

"Okay, basically your car worth nothing to me, it hava no aircon"

"Yeah I know, well thanks for your input"

"Eh?"

"Thanks for your input"

"Que?"

"THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT"

"Oh so you donta lika what ima sayin'?"

"Yeah that's fine, I just think i'll get more for it privately"

"Yeah but you wonta....."

"Cheers mate, gotta run - my other phone is ringing".

*Hang up*

Anyway, believe it or not, he called me back no less than 4 times, each time getting rowdier and rowdier telling me to be a man and not hang up on him and face up to it.

I ended up by putting him on to [Huzeeee] because I was speaking to my mum on the other phone at the time and he simply said as [Huzeeee] answered

"Are you a ****head?!"

"Listen mate, don't call back"

*Hang up*

I'm torn really, one side of me finds it hilariously funny that louigi calls my house 5 times calling me all sorts after telling me my car is pants, but I also think it's pretty bad that somebody would do that.

Ah well, it made us laugh :D

Associate
Take a trip down there just to view what cars he has on sale and spend some time wasting his time as he has done to you and take pleasure in walking away telling him your buying one from somewhere else

Soldato
Don't buy an MX5 for 2 reasons in the summer by the way. First of all the MX5 will cost more right now cause of the weather. Secondly your car will be harder to sell/sell for less cause of the weather.

That guy seems a tad strange though. :p Not the way to get a sale.

Soldato
Skywalker said:
Take a trip down there just to view what cars he has on sale and spend some time wasting his time as he has done to you and take pleasure in walking away telling him your buying one from somewhere else

Soldato
Skywalker said:

do this, also say the car you're looking at doesn't have aircon so it isn't worth anything

Man of Honour
Skywalker said:
Don't forget to tell him his cars are crap too...

Soldato
Hold on,

so you were looking to buy an mx-5..
he is selling the one he has in stock..
so you ask him what sort of trade in price youd get on your car..
he tells you a number you dont like but you accept it and decide to move on..
he lectures you about how worthless your car is to him..

Is He Mad?!! Sounds like he's a few blades of grass short of a lawn.

Associate
WOW people actually agree with what I have said - Oh wait thats because the other thing I would have suggested would have been violent :rolleyes:

You have his number so keep ringing him up and asking specs on all his cars and if they dont have something like aircon , move on to the next one he has on the list - Should be able to make this last for the rest of the day :D

Soldato
OP
lol - not sure where he's based and I don't think i'm allowed to give out numbers on here. Plus, he's got my house number so I don't want to be getting irate calls from him in the middle of the night :p

He was a nutter, he just kept calling back - he also told me that he had for sale a new shape Golf estate with 150k miles on the clock, fully loaded on X reg plates for £2k, so how was mine worth £4k....lol.

Nerbit.

Soldato
If it were me I'd pick a car that has no aircon, get a friend to ring up for you, go down there, act really interested. Give the car a full check over, scutinise the service history, ask lots of questions. Keep him busy for at least half an hour. Then get in and say "it has no aircon so its worth nothing to me, you couldn't give this away mate".

Then walk away.

Soldato
OP
Vita I can't give out his number sorry.

Anyway, I was searching around here.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WW...urce=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

I think the description was something like this one....;)

"1998 MAZDA MX-5 1.8i 2dr Convertible, 80,000 miles, R Reg one of the last ones!!!!Stunning bright red Mx-5 with FULL MAZDA HISTORY!!! Last sevice just done including belts!! Power steering Uk car, alloys cd player, drives as new, looks..."

Back
Top Bottom