OMG Sooo Anoying - Canon Software

Soldato
Can anyone tell me how to stop the Canon ZoomBrowser Ex from when transfering photos putting them into individual folders split into dates taken as its Soooo anoying to me?

Associate
Sorry, I can't help with Zoombrowser as I never used it with my 20D. However, I guess you're having to use it as you're hooking youjr camera directly to your PC with a USB cable? If so, I sugget you look into getting a memory card reader. They only cost around 15 quid and will transfer pictures a lot faster. The major benefit is that you're no longer tied to Canon's software

Associate
Go into preferences and stop it!

About the best method is to allow it to do a folder for year followed by a folder for month. The only other automatic option seems to be a folder per day all at the root level which is what's annoying you no doubt.

Alternatively everything goes into the same folder that you nominate but considering my camera has 500 odd photos on it each time I download them that would annoy me too.

Soldato
pcknight said:
Take Zoombrowser off your PC? I have a Canon Camera and i don't use that software.
I'll agree with that, after it's not the best thing to use I'm sure. I only use it as Ican't be bothered right now to find a replacement or get a memory card reader. :p

Back
Top Bottom