OMG upgrade time again

Associate
Hi everyone, first time poster but long time viewer.
I'm sure you all know the feeling when you've been happy with what you have, but then the upgrade bug bites.

Last time it happened to me I bought an AMD ULTIMA full system from here,and now I'm getting sucked in again. I'm leaning towards one of the Crossfire set up's, but the reason I posted here is because it's a monitor that's causing me the most headaches.

I just can't decide what one. From reading days and days of posts I gather that a crossfire rig on a 19" screen would be overkill, but I'm really concerned about ghosting on a bigger screen as gaming is my thing.

I cant belive how big a step it is, I make up my mind easily about anything else, but no matter how good your machine is it all come's through your monitor and I want to get it right.

I've had the same 17" LG Flatron CRT for years and years and it's never let me down. Feel quite sad really(kinda like putting your granny in an old folks home).

Any opinions would be most welcome.

I also hear I've missed out on a good price on the dell which is typical, But I really wouldn't want to go above the price it is now.
Just something that would do a good system justice rather than an injustice through poor performance.
If I wasn't big on games I wouldn't care. Its tough.

if you want to get a bigger screen than a 19" then the 2405FPW is certainly popular. There is also the Belinea 102035W which might be worth a look at, probably one of the more responsive 20" panels around at the moment, plenty of info in the sticky on both these btw :)

Just got the 2405 from work, and imo its good looking in games :)

I mostly play CSS, and all I can say is that cs_militia looks stunning in 1920x1200

Half Life 2 with this monitor is a totally new game as well!

Will replay FEAR again, just not sure my p4 @3.2ghz + 6800gt will have so much fun with it though... I'll install it when I get my new hardware..

I know OcUk had the dell for a very good price some time ago, still with the new price it seems as good value to me. Loads of connection, PIP, USB ports, Card Reader etc..

Last edited:
Dell 2405 all the way. Cannot notice any issues with games on it and I am very demanding.

Price has gone up a lot recently but think of it as being mispriced to low before. Almost every model made since last autumn has zero dead/sleeping pixels, backlight issues or power supply humming. Amazing picture & all the extra connections allow you a lot of flexibility as VGA+S-Vhs+Component+Composite+USB Hub & 4 in 1 card reader are unmatched for the size.

Forget the Apple monitors as they are overpriced & have less features.

If you wanna save a bit of money consider the Dell 2001FP. Another great TFT but only 1600x1200 max no card reader, no widescreen or component input.

Back
Top Bottom