On a budget, and seeking help.

Associate
With my fathers PC recently needing replacing, i offered to give him my E5500 setup (5.9 scoring on the experience index) and get myself a new PC

My budget is 500-600£ (including a 64bit copy of win7 OEM)
I was looking at the Titan Xenomorph with the GTX 460 upgrade + the home premium OEM, but thought I would ask and see what other options are avaliable

I do play games, but i'm not a lover of the graphic intensive ones (AION, Crysis etc) it's mostly WoW, LoL, JRPGS and the likes..

Would need to include everything as there is nothing really i could salvage (perhaps a sapphire radeon 5670 512mb, but would like something better if possible)

I don't play at 1920x1280 resolutions either it just doesn't work well for my eyes..

If you require anymore information don't hesitate to ask!

ps: Would ordering all the parts individually come with all necessary wires to connect everything up inside the case and such? i've tinkered with PCs before, but never built one from scratch.

Soldato
unless you plan on having a lot of hard drives then you should get all the cabling and other stuff you need when you build a PC. if you've fiddled about inside them before then you shouldnt have many problems building it up yourself other than lack of confidence.

heres my recommendation:
YOUR BASKET
1 x Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail with FREE TrackMania 2 Canyon PC Game £161.99
1 x Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard £99.98
1 x OcUK GeForce GTX 460 768MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card - OEM £77.99
1 x Microsoft Windows 7 Bundle - Home Premium 64 Bit £68.40
1 x Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 16MB Cache - OEM (WD5000AAKX) £30.98
1 x OCZ ZS Series 550W '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply £47.99
1 x Cooler Master Elite 430 Windowed Case - Black £39.98
1 x Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (KHX1600C9AD3B1K2/4G) £23.99
1 x OcUK 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black) - OEM £16.99
Total : £592.42 (includes shipping : £20.10).

i assume you are keeping the keyboard, mouse and monitor, and just giving the old PC to your dad.

if you do need kb/mouse, i dont know about that specific keyboard, but i'm using the mouse jony recommended, and the logitech deluxe 250 USB keyboard and cant fault them atall

Soldato
micky, i'm not sure if that card will fit in that case. the elite 360 supports up to 242mm cards (source). that card is 232mm long (source), but the power connector is at the back of the card, making it even longer (source) it might just fit, but it would be a close thing

if you really want a spec like that, go with the bitfenix merc alpha case for £3 more

Man of Honour
micky, i'm not sure if that card will fit in that case. the elite 360 supports up to 242mm cards (source). that card is 232mm long (source), but the power connector is at the back of the card, making it even longer (source) it might just fit, but it would be a close thing

if you really want a spec like that, go with the bitfenix merc alpha case for £3 more

Tx m8, good point

Associate
OP
Thanks for the swift replies guys, looking into these as i reply.
My apologies for not clarifying, indeed I am keeping my keyboard, mouse and monitor, only sorting out the new tower.

I noticed a lot reccomending the i5, i've heard a lot about it too from friends (they all rave about its OC capabilities, and general performance being excellent for its price)

@Reaper - thanks for that, i only plan on having a single hard drive (may possibly get a second SSD for booting the OS down the line, but not a major priority for me currently)

Noticed you mentioning the bitfenix merc alpha also, did a brief look into it and noticed it has plenty of spots for fans, and the PSU at the bottom. What's the airflow like for it? (my room isnt the most ventilated of spaces, but it generally has fresh air blowing through)

Back
Top Bottom