On Running Cloudrock?

Soldato
I'm looking to get a new pair of hiking boots, since my old pair are starting to fall apart.

I don't know anything about the different brands, my old pair were Berghaus which I got from a hiking shop, which has sadly closed down.

Another shop I've been talking to, that normally deal with running/walking trainers said they can get some On Running Cloudrock for me. Are they a good brand?

The price is up at the upper reachs of my budget. I don't go on particulary long walks, they range from 4-6 miles, sometimes going up to 10. But they are very muddy, especially in the winter.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Avoid, use On's for trail running, looking at the tread pattern which is the same you will forever be stopping to pick out stones that get stuck due to the stupid tread pattern. Fine for roads rubbish for anything remotely off road :)

Soldato
Sorry to derail. @SPG What are they like for just general road running? I tried them on in Run4It and found them to be comfy and was debating getting them or Hoka for my next running shoes.

Back on topic, i wear approach shoes most of the time unless it’s in the height of winter then the hiking boots come out. I’ve got la sportiva TX 4 for general walking/hill walking they’re fantastic, so comfy. The left shoe burst between the upper and the sole and was letting water it. Got it repaired as the sole was still perfect and they’re back rocking.

https://www.lasportiva.com/en/tx4-gtx-man-grey-27a900713

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I have both the road and Gortex trail versions (Blame Marty) the trail shoe is fine (apart from stone picking) but personally I find the road shoe less forgiving than my Brooks so tend to use it only on the track now. Its very subjective of course but personally I wouldn't buy them again.

Soldato
I have both the road and Gortex trail versions (Blame Marty) the trail shoe is fine (apart from stone picking) but personally I find the road shoe less forgiving than my Brooks so tend to use it only on the track now. Its very subjective of course but personally I wouldn't buy them again.

Good to know, think I’ll go with the Hoka then, I didn’t particularly like the feel of the brooks when I tried them on.

Soldato
OP
Unfortunately the only running shop near me, is the 1 that sells the On Running boots.

Everything else is over 30 min drive away and mainly chain stores.
Might try out Cotswold Outdoor in Maidstone, but again, bit of a drive.

Soldato
Make a day of it?

I run natural whereas my brother has a small roll of the foot. He changed his shoes solely based on what the girl recommended for his feet/running stride and was a game changer for him. One of the main reasons I went to the shop.

Back
Top Bottom