One-handed keyboard for a leftie

Soldato
I currently have a one-handed keyboard I found a few years ago which looks like this (different brand, same keyboard). Sadly the 5 & 6 buttons on the keyboard have stopped functioning and as it's a sealed unit and my soldering skills suck anyway, I'm not planning on trying to force it open to try to fix it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement. I've been looking for months and while some are close to what I need, none of them have the spacebar on the left-side to make the keyboard actually usable, I'm yet to find one that I'd consider purchasing. I had considered the Logitech G13, but:
  • it appears to be EOL as I've not seen any in stock from my usual haunts since I started looking
  • it's expensive for what it is
  • I use Linux so would need to find some alternate software to customise the buttons
All suggestions welcome (apart from 'be right-handed' :p)

Soldato
Adamant IT guy isn't a massive distance away, you could give him a call and ask him if that's in his wheelhouse for repairs, he's pretty straight shooting and should tell you if he's willing and how much he'd want for the work.

Soldato
OP
Thanks.

Dorset's quite a way from me (assuming it's Adamant IT Computer Repairs) and certainly further than I'd be prepared to drive. For the original cost of the item I don't think it's really worth the effort. I'm still using it but just have the keyboard on the desk above if I need 5 & 6.

Soldato
How come you want a left side space? I'd have thought it being positioned on the right worked better for a lefty (ie. thumbpress for space).

I can't link where but googling "double space single handed keyboard" gave me a hit for one that looks exactly like the one you posted for £27, whether i'd trust that site is another matter and presumably it's coming from china as delivery is 14-23 days (but apparently free).

Regarding adamant guy, you could always post it to him, but if you can source a fresh one for under £30 it's probably not worth the effort and cost anyway, it was just something to consider. :)

Back
Top Bottom