One Plus Nord

Associate
Waited all day but it's finally here. Just setting up. The included case is ok, want a tempered glass screen protector though, broke my last phones screen because it never had one on.

Associate
amazing the amount of phone you get for £379. Are you guys buying from the website directly or other vendors. The Pixel 4a is £349 - the gap is only 30 unlike 50 in the US.

Associate
I bought mine from John Lewis, they had it for £350. I had an e-gift card from when I bought my Sony XF TV so phone only cost me £225.

Associate
The only place I could find that had any cases in was buying from OnePlus direct. Amazon had a few basic cases listed but ETA was weeks away. So I buckled and ordered the sandstone bumper case and tempered glass screen protector because I'm a butter finger's who can't juggle :D

Associate
I got a official OnePlus Nord Sandstone case incoming that I have ordered today. Also I have ordered one of those wireless receivers to make the phone take a wireless charge, hence getting a case to hide the wireless induction pack.

Soldato
I have to say, all things considered, I think I prefer my sons Nord over my 8

The slightly smaller, and flat screen I prefer
Wide angle selfie cam is pretty decent
Google dialer/contacts/messages is better than the oneplus apps IMHO

The SD765 can play fortnite on epic settings at 45fps, or high at 60fps which surprised me

Associate
I have to say, all things considered, I think I prefer my sons Nord over my 8

The slightly smaller, and flat screen I prefer
Wide angle selfie cam is pretty decent
Google dialer/contacts/messages is better than the oneplus apps IMHO

The SD765 can play fortnite on epic settings at 45fps, or high at 60fps which surprised me

Did you jump back over from your iPhone adventure?

Soldato
Did you jump back over from your iPhone adventure?

I have both at the minute, but I do like the google ecosystem a bit better. Especially now I have nest cameras.
Having access to everything is much easier at work, as everything is just one click away in chrome.

Google have also addressed a few niggles I had (and so have oneplus for that matter).

Soldato
Amazon and John Lewis both had it for £349 if you pre-ordered. The difference is that John Lewis actually had stock, whereas Amazon doesn't get theirs for another two weeks.

OP direct is £379 (hell of a deal considering the 4a is the same price for a lot, lot less hardware). I can't actually get over the differences.

SD730 / SD765
6gb / 8gb
1 front camera / 2 front cameras
1 rear camera / 4 rear cameras
60hz 1080p / 90hz 1080p
3,140ma / 4,100ma

You also get the warp charger 30, case and screen protector with oneplus

Looking into the latest rom and launcher, I think oneplus have finally gotten the edge over the pixel software this year. The nord also gets the google dialer, contacts and messaging apps which is the icing on the cake.

Back
Top Bottom