**** The Official OnePlus 5 Thread ****

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I saw that tweet on Reddit earlier. Its **** like that that makes me regret buying Oneplus.

I don't have the Jelly effect, at least its isn't noticeable if I do. Its certainly nothing like that video that was doing the rounds from the Verge.

Associate
I saw that tweet on Reddit earlier. Its **** like that that makes me regret buying Oneplus.

I don't have the Jelly effect, at least its isn't noticeable if I do. Its certainly nothing like that video that was doing the rounds from the Verge.

Maybe your upside down phone was assembled upside down and therefore corrected.

Either way the twitter post is just another example of how shocking the customer service is.

Soldato
You guys having any issues enabling/getting wifi calling working?

I have it turned on in the settings but the status bar logo appears only when it feels like it!

Soldato
That 'guy in the hat' picture is odd. This was pointed out on Reddit:

(Pixel picture, far right is from the Pixel review and the one next to it is from the OP5 review)

S9ip0AQ.png

To be fair, I've taken similar pictures with the OP5 and they've come out better than that.
Fine detail preservation in outdoor and bright-light shots is excellent and on par with some of the best performers we’ve tested, such as the Samsung S8, iPhone 7 and Google Pixel
was a blind person performing this "test" ? S8 is miles ahead of that blurred mess made by OP.

Soldato
I'm happy I didn't buy it and I waited for 2+ months for the reveal. They killed it with price. If this phone was 300-350 you could tolerate that few things are not absolute top, not so much at 500. I just feel like OP5 is a major letdown and issues that plague it make feel like it's a brand to avoid. So much hype, but it did not deliver. Yet again.

Soldato
Shock as they've deleted the tweet now.

2lF48Yl.png

I like the phone but The way OP have handled things regarding the jelly scroll etc make me wonder if I want to keep the phone.

Yeah it's not good at all.' They've handled it badly' is an understatement.

I love my oneplus 3 and have seen the jelly effect on two oneplus 5s,its not my eyes. :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
It's just downright poor how OP have dealt with this. They keep backtracking from saying they're going to fix the issue to blaming users perception?

I hate to see companies go down but OP really do deserve all the bad that will come from this farce.

The OP5 was the last product that I have bought and will never consider another OP phone ever again even if it transforms into a time machine I'll be giving OP a wide berth from now on.

Back
Top Bottom