**** The Official OnePlus 5 Thread ****

Soldato
I've no idea what this "jelly" effect people keep mentioning is. Mine is a day 1 phone and can't be more happy with it.

For £450 it's half the price of the new iphone, battery is superb and last me 2 days nearly for average use, it's lightning fast, stock android. It's light, not bulky. All my mates who are all iphone freaks think it's a cracking looking phone and very nicely put together.

I do wonder what people expect from a phone these days. Not having a pop at you personally, but generally people fawn over iphones/pixel's at twice the price. You paid £400 for it, people will be paying £800/900/£1000 for a phone when iphone x is out and claim it's the best thing ever but forget they are paying 2x/2.5x the price of oneplus5. etc.

Off contract, that's true. But most can't afford to pay the lump sum. For me, a new iPhone or the LG v30 is roughly 45 quid a month. So is the OnePlus 5 with the same amount of data. In this situation especially, I don't feel it offers enough for the money.

The jelly effect is essentially an acceleration issue with information on the screen. If two horizontal lines were spaced 1cm apart on the screen, as you scroll down, they would appear to move apart. As you slow down the scrolling, they appear to move closer together (essentially their rate of acceleration is different)

It actually happens on purpose with some animations in iOS, I think in the messages app.

It's just a visual effect that I find particularly bothersome and distracting, and takes away from the experience, since it happens all the time when scrolling.

If it didn't, I wouldn't hesitate keeping the phone. But because it does, I'm heavily leaning towards taking it back

Soldato
Rumours kicking about of a new OnePlus phone early 2018. Normally I would dismiss such rumours so soon after the OP5.....but this is OnePlus afterall :p

Soldato
They did it with the OP3T a few months after the OP3, so it's probably not that unlikely...
That's was a processor spec bump which there is no equivalent it seems with the 835. Battery life is already great and I don't think there'll be a new screen or camera until the full year cycle. But we shall see.

Soldato
If it is indeed going to use the new Snapdragon then it'll be released after the Galaxy S9 as that will swallow up the first few batches of the SoC.

So May at the earliest is my guess. I hope they bloody add OIS and a bigger sensor in the Camera this time.

Probably OOS due to the cost of the new Pixels :p

Last edited by a moderator:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
If the camera on the OP5 was better I'd have kept mine without a doubt. I didn't have the issues with the screen and dispute my previous run in with their CS I'd have taken the chance. On that not, my OP5 return was about as painless as it can get. So props to them for that.

Going to see what I think of the Pixel 2XL, I've i'm not super happy I'll see what this new OP device is all about. A OP5 with a better camera would do me.

Back
Top Bottom