Onkyo files for bankruptcy

Caporegime
Not a shock, writings been on the wall for a while, shame to see them go under, i had great memories of my first Onkyo AVR.

However was never that impressed with my TX-RZ740 running 7.4.2, the atmos implementation was never that great and the room correct is poor, was running through two Rotel amps for a while but the issue was the processing really.

Last edited:
Shame to hear, I just grabbed a UK tuned A-9010 off eBay a few days ago for £80, absolutely blown me away how good it sounds.

I only ever owned one Onkyo AV-Receiver, a TX-SR674E back in the day, it sounded quite nice but it ran so hot you could cook an egg on it, that one experience put me off their receivers for life, I moved over to Yamaha after that and never looked back.

Soldato
Shame to hear, I just grabbed a UK tuned A-9010 off eBay a few days ago for £80, absolutely blown me away how good it sounds.

I only ever owned one Onkyo AV-Receiver, a TX-SR674E back in the day, it sounded quite nice but it ran so hot you could cook an egg on it, that one experience put me off their receivers for life, I moved over to Yamaha after that and never looked back.
The 9010 is a great stereo amp, I had one for a while.

I had a TX-NR616 receiver for a long time, although one of the rear channels burned out or something and hummed like mad, shortly out of warranty. I wouldn't have bought Onkyo again. Built quality was never convincing on the receiver.

Back
Top Bottom