Only MAJOR overclockers need apply - survey!

Associate
Originally posted by Concorde Rules
Oh no mi found that not to be true :) its that the V is dropping down to 1.74 which makes it go BSOD it'll do 70C stable :)

Anyway: Vcore is 1.75 and IT IS STABLE :rolleyes: :)

thats some warped idea of stable, thats like saying, my rig is stable at 2.8ghz if i had a mach II so put that on the table. It ain't stable cos your v-core is dropping out so unless you can run prime for the next 4 hours or the said v-core problem has gone now, i don't think it's stable or should go on the table as stable.

Has your v-core problem gone now? ;)

Soldato
OP
I think what is required is a rule defining what is stable and what isn't!

Since everyone has there own idea as to what stable is how about implementing this;

1 Prime Stable - Ultimate in stabilty - 100%
2 Seti Stable - Probably 98% to 100% stable
3 1mb PI Stable - Only good for a few benchies
4 Paint stable - Switch on, screen grab, paint, save, crash!

Soldato
Originally posted by weescott
I think what is required is a rule defining what is stable and what isn't!

Since everyone has there own idea as to what stable is how about implementing this;

1 Prime Stable - Ultimate in stabilty - 100%
2 Seti Stable - Probably 98% to 100% stable
3 1mb PI Stable - Only good for a few benchies
4 Paint stable - Switch on, screen grab, paint, save, crash!

Mines 1 :)

Associate
2700mhz.jpg

rig in sig, Vapo XE cooling, stable.

Associate
@weescott my picture seems to have gone so only you and me might remember what I posted! I posted 215*11.5 at I 1.85, the temps I get with an slk-947 are 50 idle and 55 load so I use 210*11.5 and run 42 idle and nowhere near 50 load.

I posted the other one at 215*12 but would never use it!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Originally posted by stowenrat
@weescott my picture seems to have gone so only you and me might remember what I posted! I posted 215*11.5 at I 1.85, the temps I get with an slk-947 are 50 idle and 55 load so I use 210*11.5 and run 42 idle and nowhere near 50 load.

I posted the other one at 215*12 but would never use it!

Those temps are not as high as one might have thought! Nice!

re your pic...just as well I have been keeping the table upto date

All with a mediocre overclock! - How modest!

Associate
Might need to add a section just for P4 EE's weescott :)

Forgot the rest of my details:

Pentium 4 3.2GHz EE @ 4460Mhz
279Mhz FSB, x16 Multiplier
Vcore : 1.825 Volts
ABIT IC7-G Motherboard
Ram - 1024MB Dual DDR, 223Mhx, 2-2-2-5

Idle Temps, -23c CPU die temp, -48c Evap face temp (calibrated custom sensor)

Cooling is rebuilt Mach I Cooler (r404a, cap tube mod)

Last edited:
Associate
As someone has said, perhaps you should do a chart for prime stable overclocks (perhaps 6 hours should do). with screeny proof.
edit
I mean we are a proper overclocking site so lets put something up there that means something.

Associate
did you know that if you change your pc clock in the middle of prime you can get any proof you want for prime stability? I once changed my clock from 2001 to 2004 and stoped prime, it said i'd been running prime for something like 35000 hours, beat that :D

So in my opinion there is no need to get too serious about this thread, just yes/no for stabilty will do, there is no prize for getting to the top, no big deal :)

Associate
Originally posted by neologan
did you know that if you change your pc clock in the middle of prime you can get any proof you want for prime stability? I once changed my clock from 2001 to 2004 and stoped prime, it said i'd been running prime for something like 35000 hours, beat that :D

But if anyone does want to 'prove' it then show the Task Manager - that'll show how long Prime95 has been on CPU for.

Soldato
OP
Screenies can be faked. If people want to do that then they are just cheating themselves and going against the spirit of overclocking. All the screenies in this thread could have been faked. We have to accept people word for it..PERIOD!

As for the stability thing; to me stable is prime stable and not with BSOD's. If the majority agree with me I ill put that in the opening thread. If people dont want to do Prime then fine. A Pi stable will do or not stable at all. It's just good to see everyone trying to push thier system a bit further.

People will always ask "is that a stable overclock?" and to clearly define what 'stable' is will save a lot of unnecessary discussions on a thread that is - Just for fun!

Associate
Originally posted by weescott
Screenies can be faked. If people want to do that then they are just cheating themselves and going against the spirit of overclocking. All the screenies in this thread could have been faked. We have to accept people word for it..PERIOD!

Notice I said 'prove' in quotes for that very reason... can't trust anything in the digital domain... :p

Back
Top Bottom