oops just knackered my monitor

Associate
I took the screen out of my HP w2207 to remove a couple of storm flys that had died under the plastic screen. Upon putting it all back together again and turning it on I seem to have lost about 1/2 a cm of pixels. I get a black line across the bottom and the middle screen part of the screen is off centre. I have tried opening it up a couple of times and pushing all the connections together but to no avail.

If i need a new monitor whats a good one? I dont want to spend more than £200. I have noticed a lot of the models have higher resolution than my old one (1680 x 1050). Do games look better in (1980 x 1050)? I was happy with 5ms response time on my old monitor so not bothered if its not 2 ms.

Someone posted about the samsung B2230H being good?

Associate
OP
I had it apart again today and unpluged the screen connector and replaced it. turned on the monitor and it was working fine for about 2 seconds than the picture shifted up half a centimeter and shifted half the screen to the left. whenever i turn the monitor off and off it does this.

Associate
OP
ye tried that, makes no diffrence whatsoever.I am hoping it might fix itself. Realy weird when you switch the monitor on it seem to stay on for a little bit longer than go wrong, its as if its warming up or something.

Back
Top Bottom