Opening up a SE W800i

Associate
Seem to have a bit of dust inside the screen.

So was going to take out the screen and give it a clean... (similar fault to Nokia 6230?)

Took the battery cover off... seems there 4 little screws... took them out... and erm pulled it gently - doesnt come apart... didnt pull too hard in case there was a special way to do it...

anybody confirm it just pulls away ?

cheers.

Soldato
I'm also hoping to remove some dust - two of the screws are some odd hexagonal type though, can't find anything that will undo them. Think I'll leave the dust be!

Associate
T6 Torx Screwdriver. Hardest part is unclipping the case, trying not to get any dents in it.

I took my one apart with T6 Torx, didnt need anything else iirc

Associate
I've also got a shedload of dust under my screen. Is this a design flaw?

I never had any such probs with my k700i unless I've started to get some kind of invisible eczema in me jeans!

z

Associate
I know it is annoying. It must get in where the speaker holes are. havent got any in my w900i yet though. With more time in my pocket i suspect it will get in though

Soldato
Ive got dust under mine too (k750), really irritating in sunlight, cant seen much :(

Going to try and get hold of a new cover for it before I sell it and just give it a good clean. annoying its got those torx screws on it.

Soldato
It's a T3 torx screwdriver you need, B&Q or Halfords stock them for a couple of pound I think.

If you just want to clean the screen, then its dead easy. Just unscrew the 2 torx screws under the battery (end). Then you need something like a flat bit of plastic, or flat knife to unclip some of the clips holding it together. Try not to twist the front fascia though, as the screen cover will pop off.

Once its off just wipe it with something like a glasses cleaner, and pop it back on again.

Soldato
Scottland said:
It's a T3 torx screwdriver you need, B&Q or Halfords stock them for a couple of pound I think.

If you just want to clean the screen, then its dead easy. Just unscrew the 2 torx screws under the battery (end). Then you need something like a flat bit of plastic, or flat knife to unclip some of the clips holding it together. Try not to twist the front fascia though, as the screen cover will pop off.

Once its off just wipe it with something like a glasses cleaner, and pop it back on again.

T6 for mobile phones matey :)

Back
Top Bottom