Opinion on Asus X401 variations

Associate
I'm looking to upgrade my asus ul30 laptop as its ULV SU2300 processor is just too slow these days. Plus the screen is on its way out (I suspect damaged LVDS cable) but that was likely my fauly.

The maximum I want to pay is £350 which is why I'm looking at the asus x401a series. There's not a lot of choice these days is the 13.3 - 14 inch range, plus every thing seems to have a 'clicker trackpad'.

Most laptops these days seem to come with at least 4gb ram so it's the processors I have been comparing. The ASUS X401-WX344H is as little as £250 and has the Intel pentium B980 cpu. In comparison the ASUS X401-WX350H comes with the i3-2330M and is £320. A fair amount more for basically the i series cpu. Is it worth that much more?

I don't know much about cpu's but the layman says i series is better, and notebookcheck listed that i3 as slightly higher then the pentium.

I'm not a heavy laptop user but would like a fairly fast cpu that won't struggle with multiple windows/browsers running several things at once. I also have a suspicion that my current low energy cpu is hampering my ability to handle online streams. Though I may be mistaken.

If you have any other laptop/ultrabook suggestions in that price range I'd be more then happy to hear them :)

Back
Top Bottom