Opinions of a Ford Focus?

Soldato
gam3r said:
So there Ghia is nothing to do with the engine itself?

Nay, it's just a trim level. The facelift Ghia 2.0 I had for a few months had alloys, a/c, 6 CD indash cd changer, and some other gubbins. It had the Zetec 2.0 (130bhp?) engine.

Soldato
big_white_dog84 said:
I'm just about to pick up a 2nd hand LX and it has:

aircon, CD player, no electric mirrors, heated windscreen. Unsure how this compares to the toys in a zetec or a ghia.

Don't think the Ghia had much more. The seat went up and down electrically (didn't move electrically in any other direction though, that involved playing with levers :confused: ), probably had electric heated mirrors, some ugly alloys, the CD cd player (horrid LCD screen), trip computer (horrid LCD screen), 'Ash' trim (grey patterned plastic).

I really didn't like the functional but cheap qualities of the Focus, but it was a hoot to drive.

Man of Honour
If you want Aircon on a Zetec you need one with Climate pack.

See this is why Mondeos are great - half the price of a Focus, more kit and they look better with stick-on-tat added.

Soldato
I think Ghia originates from Italy.

Some sort of design studio or designer had that name and Ford used them once upon a time and ended up sticking with the name/buying the name.

I think Ford do too many levels of Trim. Espescially on the current Mondeo.

Ghia should be the best. None of this Ghia X business, Ghia should be the dog's danglies with all the kit. Then a few lesser specs. LX and GLX perhaps. People get confused by Zetec spec due to the Zetec engine.

Obviously have a sport model too like the ST's.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Not on the prefacelift Focus it doesnt - infact it doesnt even have electric rear windows. With the exception of the fake wood its about the same spec as the same age Mondeo GLX :(

My pre-facelift focus has rear electric windows...

About the only thing it doesn't have is cruise control.

Man of Honour
Abyss said:
My pre-facelift focus has rear electric windows...

About the only thing it doesn't have is cruise control.

Or a trip computer. Or leather. Or heated seats.. etc etc.

The spec is poor - it is not what you would expect from a range topping model.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Or a trip computer. Or leather. Or heated seats.. etc etc.

The spec is poor - it is not what you would expect from a range topping model.

I was referencing your response to blueboy when you stated that the pre-facelift Focus Ghia did not have rear electric windows. Out of the list he stated, the pre-facelift I have has all but the cruise control, this is what I was also referencing to.

I do agree though that the Ghia is not that highly specced when you consider it's supposed to be a top of the range.

blueboy2001 said:
The Ghia is the top trim level but unless you have the 2.0 engine then you don't get all the nice bits. The 2.0 Ghia has cruise control, trip computer, electric rear windows, ABS and alloys as standard but you don't get them on the smaller engined Ghia's..

Soldato
We have had an 04 plate 1.6 Zetec w/climate pack for almost a year now, excellent car which neither me or the GF can really fault :)

Soldato
Tesla said:
I think Ghia originates from Italy.

Some sort of design studio or designer had that name and Ford used them once upon a time and ended up sticking with the name/buying the name.

I think Ford do too many levels of Trim. Espescially on the current Mondeo.

Ghia should be the best. None of this Ghia X business, Ghia should be the dog's danglies with all the kit. Then a few lesser specs. LX and GLX perhaps. People get confused by Zetec spec due to the Zetec engine.

Obviously have a sport model too like the ST's.

IIRC, Ford getting Ghia had something to do with them supplying engines for the De Tomaso Pantera as the two firms were owned by the same Argentinian at the time.

Soldato
They are really good cars, but I think they are starting to get a little boring. They will be excellent for a first car though, and you can get a lot for your money.

Man of Honour
Zildjian said:
They are really good cars, but I think they are starting to get a little boring

Why, has someone from Ford been going around changing the chassis and suspension settings to make them more dull than before or something :confused:

Caporegime
The Titanium is the top spec for the Focus now, only thing i think its got over the Ghia is half leather seats, and the Sony CD player. might have summit else, but it aint got that many things above the Ghia, don't think its even got Crusie Control which the Ghia has.

Soldato
OP
Just had a test drive in 2000 1.6 LX. It was in a completely different class to the fiesta I drove the other day.

I'm now set on a focus and it's a case of weighing up having Air con (LX) or alloy 's (Zetec).

Man of Honour
lucasade1 said:
I'm now set on a focus and it's a case of weighing up having Air con (LX) or alloy 's (Zetec).

Or both (Zetec with Climate pack)

but given the choice of standard versions of each, LX - alloys are easy to fit.

Back
Top Bottom