Opinions on this sound setup

Soldato
alright chaps i am having difficulties in buying speakers etc. I am between the Z-5500 and this combo :

Sony SS-MF450H
8383_SS-MF450H__SREAKERS.jpg

150W
3-way
kevlar

+PIONEER 5.1 VSX-416-K
g_00000364.jpg

the combo costs 100 euros more. The question is , will i get better sound with the combo?

i am not interested in tearing my walls apart , i am into very high quality sound. :)

Last edited:
Associate
IME the Logitech gear sounds very poor in comparison to real hi-fi. The build quality also leaves a lot to be desired.

Get real hi-fi, it will last and sound 1000x better.

Soldato
Interesting. Is that combo to be bought new? I notice it's an AV amp, 5.1, but you only have the two speakers. Does it need to be 5.1, as in your planning to add more later?

If you are only ever going to use stereo, I reccomend buying an integrated stereo amp and pair of speakers second hand. I'd also suggest standmount speakers rather than floorstanders for this budget. Floorstanders are not for bedrooms, they will sound worse than standmounts in a smaller room, but a big livingroom will want floorstanders.

If you are set on the combo, or do want to make it surround some time, yes i'd suggest it is well worth the 100 euros extra over Z-5500s. If you only need good quality stereo, a second hand amp and standmount speakers should be best :)

Soldato
OP
ok i think i will buy this setup. I have chosen a 5.1 AMP cause i am into buying later another pair of speakers and a central and make it 5.1 :D

i am off to a friends today to hear it.

I heard the 5500's and to be honest they DIDNT justify the money they require :( . For a little more i can have real mind blowing hi-fi and thats what keeps me away from Logis. i'll update with info later :D

the combo is to be bought brand new

Associate
Iraklis F.C. said:
ok i think i will buy this setup. I have chosen a 5.1 AMP cause i am into buying later another pair of speakers and a central and make it 5.1 :D

i am off to a friends today to hear it.

I heard the 5500's and to be honest they DIDNT justify the money they require :( . For a little more i can have real mind blowing hi-fi and thats what keeps me away from Logis. i'll update with info later :D

the combo is to be bought brand new

You've made the right decision. If you buy six rubbish speakers you'll be replacing them soon. If you get two nice ones you'll be adding to them and enjoying the benefits of your outlay for a long time.

I'm still using an amp and speakers I bought fifteen years ago in my kitchen - and it sounds fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom