opinions, site update

Associate
evenin all,

mid way through a web site revision, would like a few comments and thoughts as to how it's going and possible additions

my current site - http://www.michaelplace.co.uk - is full of tables, the high contrast thing is annoying to a lot of people and generally the code is messy.

so my work in progress is - http://test3.michaelplace.co.uk/

still to do -

+do the email/guestbook form with an image validation to stop the annoying bots that have spammed my current guestbook and email.

+ do something with the intro page, maybe a news section as well as the welcome text.

+ finish off the back end for the gallery (and some of the front :p )

all C&C welcome

Associate
Not sure what psyr33n means about the navigation but I agree about the fonts. Too many times have I made a site with fancy fonts all to have it all go to rats when someone without MS Office tries to view it :p You can always try embedding fonts....best of luck with that :rolleyes:
Its a hard bullet to bite but the sans-serif fonts do allow a certain degree of flexibility.

As for the acctual design I really like it, its the same sort of minimal-fuss layout that I tend to go for. Very nice work.

Associate
OP
cheers all so far,

The font is changing as far too many people hate it - personally i like it... but there we go.

The navigation images are going to change but they are going to stay MMN I'm afraid, I understand the argument you make, but if you're stupid enough not to realise what an arrow represents then you don't deserve to be looking at my site. Yes its a bit stylish but after all that is the effect I'm looking for and will take the risk of putting people off.

Associate
but if you're stupid enough not to realise what an arrow represents then you don't deserve to be looking at my site.

Wrong attitude of a web developer; you're throwing out users on the basis of "stupidity". People who are not effective at browsing the web are not necessarily stupid - I doubt my mum would know where to click when browsing your site, as arrows in this situation do not represent anything significant and simply look like part of the design. Hell, I almost didn't click them, and I'm a hardened intarweb user.

Just worth a thought... maybe in this context you can get away with it but in the future you should wise up.

Back
Top Bottom