Oppo PM3 on Order

Associate
Right evening folks just ordered a pair of Oppo PM3 from a friend at Richer Sounds hes got me a bit of a deal on them. Ordered Blue Pair love the Design and there suppose to be Excellent for house Music. I do have a Musical Fidelity v90 DAC which i do like so now im after an Headphone Amp Would i be better off using an Oppo Amp for these or would the Schiit Magni 3 be ok for these? or would i be better changing my current DAC for a Schiit stack which i don't really want to do cause more ££ when my current Dac is Fine

Associate
Ah skim reading...

Schiit stack is the cheapest way in to decent quality without the price tag. Though I don't know how well they'd pair. Head over to https://www.head-fi.org/, there is a thread on these headphones.

Just ignore anyone who blathers on about creamy tones, dreamy middles etc they're generally pretentious knobs who are only interested in the money aspect of the hobby ie "look at me, look at me" types.

Associate
OP
You won't be able to buy a Magni 3 for at least a couple of weeks anyway as they are out of stock and they don't expect any more until mid October
Theresno rush Rids i can wait until mid oct just not to sure if the Magni 3 would work well with these Cans i know they would work well with the Amp just not sure on sound wise

Soldato
The PM3 require very little driving and the Magni 3 is capable of driving just about anything short of the HE6, so power isn't ever going to be a problem.

Sound quality wise, the Magni 3 is somewhere between the Asgard 2 and the Jotunheim, both far more expensive amps.

Associate
OP
I have a pair of RS165's and i use my headphone out on my PC but i get that buzzing when i put them on for music so i know i need a decent Amp. Would i be ok to connect the Magni 3 to my MF V90 for music on my PC or changing my current DAC to the Schiit stack give me better performance with it been a stack combo

Soldato
The VF90 is a decent enough DAC so changing to the AKM4490 based Modi 2 / 2 Uber would likely only make fairly subtle changes, so stick with your current DAC and see how it sounds. If you're not happy with the sound you could then think about upgrading to something like the Schiit Modi Multibit.

Associate
Congratulations on your PM3's. You don't need much of an amp for these. A Magni 3 is MORE than ample. You can even use them with your smartphone.
You won't be disappointed they sound like heaven. They are my dream headphone.

Associate
OP
Congratulations on your PM3's. You don't need much of an amp for these. A Magni 3 is MORE than ample. You can even use them with your smartphone.
You won't be disappointed they sound like heaven. They are my dream headphone.
Don't think these will be leaving the house. What they like for movies Exc?. Will be using while in bed on a night while the Mrs is trying to sleep so i can watch few movies or late night music. I can sling the RS165's downstairs

Back
Top Bottom