Optional Fan Setup

Associate
Hi is this setup the optimal setup for cooling

Untitled.jpg

Soldato
Generally using a top mounted radiator as exhaust on CPU will give lower temps on CPU and air cooled GPU than it will as front mounted intake because case airflow is not being pre-heated by the radiator.

Soldato
Most people do not consider most youtube vids to be credible, but you are free to believe them .. that is your choice. I only speak from my own and that of others like me who have 10-20+ years of experience building PCs and setting up their cooling systems.

Associate
OP
I'm unable to swap position myself but can get my nephew around to do it for me if it'll be beneficial to temps, if I swap position wouldn't that be a negative airflow, which I got told wasn't ideal and should have more intakes than exhausts

Soldato
It doesn't work out anything special either way round.

The CPU will not be any cooler if you put its radiator at the top, in fact it should be warmer when your pc is under the heaviest load and your GPU especially is warming the air within the case.

It's not better but a different scenario having it at the front because the CPU will always have the coolest air but it warms the air for everything else.

The differences are trivial when the airflow through the case is good and you seem to have plenty of fans planned there.

Soldato
If you've already had your nephew put it at the front then don't worry about it.

The layout is fine and it looks like a solid airflow plan.

Not sure if kiwi is serious :p

Soldato
I'm unable to swap position myself but can get my nephew around to do it for me if it'll be beneficial to temps, if I swap position wouldn't that be a negative airflow, which I got told wasn't ideal and should have more intakes than exhausts
Before I will say what will be best I need to know what all your system components are as well as what case and case fans you have.

Associate
OP
Case be quiet Orange Dark Base PRO 900
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming K5
CPU Intel Core i7-7700K
CPU Cooler Be Quiet. Silent Loop 280
RAM Team Group Dark Pro 16GB 3000MHz
GPU Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Premier Pack
SSD Samsung 960 Evo Polaris 500GB
HDD Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda
PSU Super Flower Leadex Platinum 650W
OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Monitor AOC AGON AG271QG
Blu-Ray Drive Asus DRW-24D5MT

fans are just what came with the case and aio

Man of Honour
Look at it this way. The way you currently have it setup is you are blowing warm air into the case so gpu temps can be higher along with vrm temps on the motherboard. With the radiator in the roof as a exhaust that warm air is going straight out the top of the case. The downside to that is that you are sucking warmer air through the rad so the cpu temp may be a degree or two higher but I would rather have it that way and have everything else running cooler.

Back
Top Bottom