Orange coolant?

Associate
I'm wanting to go with orange coolant in my new build, but I'm struggling to work out what different coolants will look like, as I can't find many pictures.

Does anyone have a build using orange coolant & can add/link me to some photos, along with which coolant you're using?

Associate
OP
Do you want solid or trans?
Solid preferably, but I'm planning to use frosted acyrlic tubing, so even transparent coolant should be OK.
I did once in this build:

Came out okay from what i remember but i cant remember what i did to make even more orange, maybe a few drips of red dye.
That final outcome looks decent (although possibly a little red for what I want), how similar is the picture to real life?

Soldato
Solid preferably, but I'm planning to use frosted acyrlic tubing, so even transparent coolant should be OK.

That final outcome looks decent (although possibly a little red for what I want), how similar is the picture to real life?

The orange LED's made it a lot reader than it actually looked tbh. It was definitely more Orange than red. I pictured the coolant i used in the build thread i think.

Associate
OP
@davido_labido is the orange coolant aficionado. I think he’s tried every orange coolant on the market, or at least that was the case up to pre-pandemic, I think he’s more keyboards now :D
@davido_labido If that's true, do you have any pictures anywhere you can link me to of different coolants? I tried a quick look through your post history, but couldn't see anything.
Mayhems non-stain dyes can be mixed, so you could grab yourself a red and a yellow and make up your own perfect shade. Transparent only though, Mayhems Pastel isn't a thing ay more
Yea, that was a thought. I'm going to use frosted tubing though, so being transparent isn't too much of an issue, as long as it's a rich enough colour.

Soldato
As a curve ball, here is Alphacool frosted acrylic 16mm tubing with 2x RGB strips in the case:

I think I was setting one to red and one to yellow - that's usually my "warm" colour scheme and when the liquid is cool I go with dark blue and purple.

Clear coolant.

Soldato
Oh, I've done a fair few orange builds! probably 30 or 40 or so. I just don't take many pictures anymore I'm afraid.

my favourite orange has always been Mayhems Pastel. The EKWB Orange was good too but we have currently EOL'd that.

This is Mayhems with satin tubing:

GJEMLcB.png

This is Mayhems with clear tubing:

q7NMG4F.png

This is EKWB Orange:

XWClrH4.png

One thing you can do quite easily, is get some dyes (red and yellow) and basically mix your own oranges. I have done that on occasion too :)

Back
Top Bottom