Orange Mobile Broadband SIM and other devices

Associate
Hi All

I'm after some help and information on Orange's Mobile broadband.

I recently had my fingers burnt with a Vodafone contract. I have a Dell 5510 (Rebadged Merlin XU870) Datacard, I bought a SIM only contract from Vodafone put the SIM card in my datacard and it didn't work. It kept saying that the SIM card was missing I put the SIM in any other device and it was fine, any of the other networks PAYG SIM card I have and also my T-Mobile SIM works fine (including a Voda PAYG SIM) in the card indeed I have an Orange one in it now.

I would like to take out an Orange Mobile Broadband contract that comes with the Option Modem (which I dont want) I want to put that SIM in my datacard, I also bought one of these http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/WiredRouters/MBM621.aspx

With a view to ultimately replacing my ADSL with it as I get good Orange Signal but poor ADSL signal.

However, I'm worried that the Orange SIM may not work. The only difference I could see with the Voda card that I had was that it was not enabled for Voice services.

Has anyone used an Orange SIM card in any other device other than the option data dongle that comes with the package? Has anyone used the Netgear MBM621 with an Orange SIM card?

Any Info or help appreciated.

Shunts...

Back
Top Bottom